• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PC Techs

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
OK...I have a buddy who was the on the road cook for the Dead way back in the day (he's now a fly fishing guide and an absolute scream to hang around). Anywho...as you can imagine, he has oodles of outstanding music. I've slowly been copying everything to my IPod. He recently gave me 3 CD's that contain the live show at Shoreline (and it's good).

I can open/play them in Media Player but ripping them isn't even an option. I can't find them on ITunes at all. Can someone TRY and talk me through how I can get this to work? I would love to have these on the IPod or at the very least on the laptop. I warn you...I am not very bright/patient when it comes to the computer...but I'm willing to learn. :D

-river

what are you using to rip it with? If it got on a cd/dvd, you CAN copy it.

It's on a CD. It's a bootleg thing I'm sure he got from the band. I know there's a way to do this but it's not cooperating.

riverfever said:
It's on a CD. It's a bootleg thing I'm sure he got from the band. I know there's a way to do this but it's not cooperating.
What app are you trying to rip with? I prefer using a full copy of winamp for ripping.

I'm just playing the CD with Media Player.

You have to import them into I-Tunes. Open I-Tunes, go to File/IMport and browse to the CD. It should import the songs and create the playlist.

DaJudge said:
You have to import them into I-Tunes. Open I-Tunes, go to File/IMport and browse to the CD. It should import the songs and create the playlist.

Personally, I really dislike iTunes. I've been using EphPod for a while now to manage my iPod, and am pretty happy with it overall. There are some small but noticeably annoying bugs in it when managing playlists, however.

Having said that, check out Audiograbber for a Windows-based MP3 ripper. It's a little more work to set up than a lot of the others, but it's extremely good at what it does. READ THE DOCUMENTATION that comes with it; I can't stress this enough.

I'm not a fan of ipod b/c of it's cingularity of formats. I prefer something that will play it all (mp3. wav mov rm .... ect)

imma honky said:
I'm not a fan of ipod b/c of it's cingularity of formats. I prefer something that will play it all (mp3. wav mov rm .... ect)

All that sh@# and only 512meg of RAM?

DaJudge said:
All that sh@# and only 512meg of RAM?
LOL. I'm a cheap bitch and I just swapped everything over from my old PC that had a mobo fry. When I get around to it im gonna get either some Mushkin or some OCZ platinum. But I can't afford it right now. I could EASILY drop about 7k on some sick comp gear. try quad SLi video on 6 21" LCD touches run in tandem backed by a quad TYAN AMD 64 FX 60's with about 8gigs of Dual channel PC3700 DDR466, with a terabyte RAID. But that's dreaming........

imma honky said:
LOL. I'm a cheap bitch and I just swapped everything over from my old PC that had a mobo fry. When I get around to it im gonna get either some Mushkin or some OCZ platinum. But I can't afford it right now. I could EASILY drop about 7k on some sick comp gear. try quad SLi video on 6 21" LCD touches run in tandem backed by a quad TYAN AMD 64 FX 60's with about 8gigs of Dual channel PC3700 DDR466, with a terabyte RAID. But that's dreaming........

I used to be like that. Too many years in IT has made me not care anymore. I haven't upgraded my home PC in 3 years. As long as it runs the software I need I don't have any desire to mess with it.

BTW...We have totally hijacked this thread.

Sawright...I think Sequoia summed it up rather nicely. (A$$). :D

DaJudge said:
I used to be like that. Too many years in IT has made me not care anymore. I haven't upgraded my home PC in 3 years. As long as it runs the software I need I don't have any desire to mess with it.

BTW...We have totally hijacked this thread.
Exactly. I can still run the latest games (when i play) and most software, so im happy. The only thing I still add are more HDD's, my goal is 2 terabytes by this time next year.

Back