• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stopping this beast

that 639 quote is bs, u can find much more inexpensive like the currie kit. I got mine from a small shop in VA and i have no complaints other than they did not include an ebrake with their kit, otherwise i'm more than pleased with the new stopping power, even with 10" and 35's.

The TSM kits use an El Dorado/Riviera (yrs. ?) caliper that has an e-brake. At least they used to.

You can order the kit minus the calipers, then head to the junk yard and pull your own and save a few bucks in the process. The calipers are the spendy part of a disk brake conversion and you'll find them in a junk yard for next to nothing. Most likely will have to rebuild 'em though.

The Currie/Exploders look great too.

Last edited:
MDMIKE said:
Why not buy the xplorer disc brake kit from Currie for about half the cost?
http://www.currieenterprises.com/html/custom/brakekitsparts/rearendBrakesExplorer.htm

how much reworking is required to make the explorer kit work on a d44? i am comfortable "making things work" on all other parts of my jeep with the exception of the brake system...that's what drew me to the TSM kit with new calipers in the first place.

i'd really like to save the $$$, but not at the expense of having complete confidence in my brake system.

Back