• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The best rocker protection debate starts now

ericz

NAXJA Lifetime Member
NAXJA Member
I am begining to realize (the hard way) I should get some rocker guards before things get too ugly.
I am ordering them this week but am having trouble making a decisiond on where to go.
I think I am close to a decision but It seems everyone claims to have the best.
Rusty, Custon 4X4, Durango, Orgs, Summit(do they make one?) and the FRS rock krusher.(I think they look weak in the pictures. I will scratch them off the list)
Am I missing one?
Any strong opinions out there on this topic?

As always, Thanks.
:us:

i have a set of Custom 4X4 double tube bars that are going on in the spring... they weigh a F'ing ton and i have no doudt they will take any abuse as well as being acceptble jacking points as well.... they tuck up nice and tight against the body as well..
mike

ORGS Rails get my vote as the best bolt on option. More than a couple of sets are on West Coast rigs, and they get used. Hard.

Ones to stay away from: Olympics, anything from URF racing :D

CRASH

31.JPG

I run 2x4 CRSU weld on rails...not for the faint of heart...if bolt on is your thing, run...but if a set of bad ass rails that will help stiffen things up as well is, these are for you....

The entire truck is resting on the drivers rail in the above pic....below is just a shot so you can see how pretty (LOL) they are....

46.JPG

16.JPG

The outriggers to the uniframe are 2x2 square tube and there are 3

TOZOVR said:
I run 2x4 CRSU weld on rails...not for the faint of heart...if bolt on is your thing, run...but if a set of bad ass rails that will help stiffen things up as well is, these are for you....

The outriggers to the uniframe are 2x2 square tube and there are 3

I'm running these as well and I'll testify that they're very solid. But as was mentioned - if ya want bolt-ons, these aint for you. :)

I have been debating the same thing and like the way that the new rocker guards look from C-Rok, the only problem is they won't be released until January. Rocker Guards

Good rock rails all share the same key features. One: They attach to the uniframe. Either bolts or welds. Two: They are attached along the full length of the pinch seam. After that it doesn't really matter if its 3/16" or 1/4" steel, square or round tubing, they all will work. Get whichever one you like and/or can afford.

RR3

Got mine from Kevins Offroad ... they do just fine.

I like the orgs ones the best, I have beat the hell out of them (west coast & midwest).They haven't even dented.

Ralph said:
Good rock rails all share the same key features. One: They attach to the uniframe. Either bolts or welds. Two: They are attached along the full length of the pinch seam.

RR3

Not always true.

Glen at RRO is a decent guy, but everyone else who works there is a tool of the highest order.
Dorks, plain and simple.
In fact, I will never buy from Rocky Road again.
The rails I got from there are pretty stout, though.
I guess this isn't much of an endorsement.
F it.
F RRO.
F their 'customer service'.
If I had it to do over again, ORGS would get the call.
Good people + good products = hard to go wrong.

TOZOVR said:
Not always true.
I'm refering to most commercialy available rock rails. I got the impression from Eric's post that these are the ones he was looking at.

The weld on rails work well too, but as you said in your own post, they are not for everyone.

RR3

Ralph said:
I'm refering to most commercialy available rock rails. I got the impression from Eric's post that these are the ones he was looking at.

The weld on rails work well too, but as you said in your own post, they are not for everyone.

RR3

:cheers: Gotcha!

Back