• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UPS made me smile today

XCastleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

DSCF0458.jpg

:Dits a 5.11 large plate carrier with 2 double 5.11 mag carriers. all if it was on sale at roughly 60% off over at LAPoliceGear.com and to my door cost less than $44.00:guitar:

If/when I ever get to go back to Patrol..... I'm gonna be looking for something just like that. Actually, Dan Hurley and I looked at them at the Tanner show a while back.... still pretty pricey.

I've been carrying my extra mags and critical incident gear in a fanny-pack and the pouches on the side of my dept. issued AR soft case and that's just not realistic. I need it all buttoned down on a vest I can throw over my uniform and go.

Sweet deal Mike :thumbup:

If/when I ever get to go back to Patrol..... I'm gonna be looking for something just like that. Actually, Dan Hurley and I looked at them at the Tanner show a while back.... still pretty pricey.

I've been carrying my extra mags and critical incident gear in a fanny-pack and the pouches on the side of my dept. issued AR soft case and that's just not realistic. I need it all buttoned down on a vest I can throw over my uniform and go.

Sweet deal Mike :thumbup:

thanks troy! its nice to get a thumbs up from someone in the field. i picked it up for pretty much the same reason - i plan on using it once im out of the academy. its a killer deal on a plate carrier that has gotten great reviews.

this is the plate carrier on sale for 20 bucks! usually goes for 60-80 depending on the retailer. they have other various MOLLE pouches in the 5.11 closeout section too:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/5talaplca.html

OH THOSE ARE SO CUTE!!!:laugh3::moon:

LOL! Ok, I should clarify...... The fanny pack was kept in the trunk and was just easy to grab and toss over my shoulder.... I didn't walk around with a gun belt AND a fanny pack on during my shift....... :roflmao:

Hey Troy Galls has a sale on a set of 3 different tac vests. We were all issued one last month. There only $20.00 bones and $5 shipping we outfitted the the whole PD for less than $250.00. The vests look like this:
136623.jpg

I have extra mag pouches instead of a holster and I have room for my 40mm grenade's as well.

Galls is now -apparently- out of stock on that vest. Bummer.

Last edited:
LOL! Ok, I should clarify...... The fanny pack was kept in the trunk and was just easy to grab and toss over my shoulder.... I didn't walk around with a gun belt AND a fanny pack on during my shift....... :roflmao:

Thats what I figured I just couldn't resist!!!:cheers:

Wow....... didn't see that coming. :doh:

:laugh:

Ya but Troy can't pull it off like Indiana, Don't get me wrong Troys a great guy but he's no Indiana Jones. LMAO

Yet another Hijacked thread.

Back