• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Cliff,
What do my service records say for the AC system? Should be logged somewhere. I wouldn’t mess with it personally If it isn’t leaking. The fins coming out isn’t critical as it just directs air flow past the actual coils. That’s why when I swapped engines and did all the frame and bumper work the condenser stayed....

In other news.

I bought Btaylors XJ tonight. Just got home with it. Drove right past go slow Brad’s house and laid on the horn. Only knew it once I was past it after seeing his XJ in the garage though. Sweet FSJ though brad.

Anyone up for a badlands trip. Need a shakedown run sometime before you guys leave for MOAB right?

Last edited:
I'm waiting on some SRBs to get in, then install those and chop my coils or buy new ones. Got a few other things I wanna do before I do a shakedown but definitely need one before Moab.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Im going to be at the badlands sept 22nd for my moab shake down pre-run.

mac ‘5 weeks’ gyvr

Im going to be at the badlands sept 22nd for my moab shake down pre-run.

mac ‘5 weeks’ gyvr

Wife ask d me yesterday if we are taking the tj. She said your fb is fillled with “Moab prep” pics and I haven’t even started mine.

Maybe I should go throw the jumper cables on it today

SAM’ no reservations yet’SET

Cliff,
What do my service records say for the AC system? Should be logged somewhere. I wouldn’t mess with it personally If it isn’t leaking. The fins coming out isn’t critical as it just directs air flow past the actual coils. That’s why when I swapped engines and did all the frame and bumper work the condenser stayed....

In other news.

I bought Btaylors XJ tonight. Just got home with it. Drove right past go slow Brad’s house and laid on the horn. Only knew it once I was past it after seeing his XJ in the garage though. Sweet FSJ though brad.

Anyone up for a badlands trip. Need a shakedown run sometime before you guys leave for MOAB right?

i'll be at badlands next weekend with a bunch of MJs

Cliff,

In other news.

Chad-

Congrats on the new to you XJ!

Maintenance log just shows that you recharged it. AC is working fine. The trans cooler that was on it started leaking so I replaced it. When I did, I saw that condenser was in bad shape. I am not complaining and I really don't use AC much, just wanted opinions.

I am down for a Badlands run for sure, just can't go Labor Day weekend.

I had wanted to upgrade the braking system before the next trip, but not sure if I will have time to tackle that or not. Rear discs and master cylinder and booster off of a 95. Just have to pick up the longer wheel studs, discs and pads and find a couple hours of time...

I had wanted to upgrade the braking system before the next trip, but not sure if I will have time to tackle that or not. Rear discs and master cylinder and booster off of a 95. Just have to pick up the longer wheel studs, discs and pads and find a couple hours of time...

No worries on the AC i just have a bad memory if i did anything to it. Hints the logs so i don't do it twice lol. If you don't use it yanking it would free up some air flow and you could run onboard air with the compressor or bypass it.

Im out for the 25th ill be in S.C. for firearms training and sept i think we have plans. But maybe i bump those back if enough guys can make the 9/22 date

Give you time to get the disc brakes on!

No worries on the AC i just have a bad memory if i did anything to it. Hints the logs so i don't do it twice lol. If you don't use it yanking it would free up some air flow and you could run onboard air with the compressor or bypass it.

I don't use it really, but it sure is nice on those random days it is hot and raining!
I am leaning towards ripping it out and gaining from the additional air flow and then using the compressor for on board air.

I don't use it really, but it sure is nice on those random days it is hot and raining!
I am leaning towards ripping it out and gaining from the additional air flow and then using the compressor for on board air.

Ours wasn't working so I just converted it to an oba compressor. Granted there are days it would be nice to have ac but I don't miss it much. Just depends on what you think you will use more, ac or oba.

I love my a/c. I hope that it works better now that I replaced the radiator which was plugged up.

mac 'ARB does my air compressor work' gyvr

back to the pic with the three gay dudes in the water.

can anyone identify the object seen underneath SeanR?

was that expelled from his bowels?

Nessie the loch ness monster.

mac 'almost got SeanR' gyvr

Back