• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Shop Recommendations (Alignment)

Rohr397

NAXJA Forum User
Since I bought my XJ about two months ago, I've been trying to correct some of the handling issues that it had when I picked it up. I recently replaced the control arm bushings, corrected the angles, and installed new shocks. The difference there alone is night and day.

Since I bought my XJ about two months ago, I've been trying to correct some of the handling issues that it had when I picked it up. I recently replaced the control arm bushings, corrected the angles, and installed new shocks. The difference there alone is night and day.

Annnnnnd I accidentally bumped the enter key.

Anyhow, now that the ride is significantly better, it's clear that I desperately need to get this thing aligned. I know I could do measuring and try to handle it myself, but I'd prefer to take it somewhere and have it done well.

With that said, I'm pretty knew to SoCal, specifically North San Diego County, so I'm not sure where the best place would be to go to. In the past, I've taken my vehicles to Les Schwab since that was sort of "the place" in the Northwest. I know there is one in Temecula, but my XJ has a lot of aftermarket parts in the front end including a 1-ton steering upgrade and I wasn't sure how a general place like that would handle the modifications.

Any recommendations on places that are within about an hour of Fallbrook would be really appreciated. Just looking for somewhere that can do a good alignment for a fair price, whether that's a Les Schwab or a custom shop.

Thanks!

If you are willing to drive an hour, or a bit more than an hour, here are two shops to consider: Beeline in Pacific Beach and Trueline in El Cajon.

I think Beeline does better quality work with better attention to detail, but they don't cope quite so well with aftermarket parts. They will adjust around them, but they won't attempt to service them unless you bring in the parts needed.

Trueline seems to be more comfortable with aftermarket parts. Modified trucks (lifted or lowered) seem to have always been a substantial part of their customer base. But they are not quite as detail oriented as I wish they were.

You will have to weigh your options depending on your own thresholds.

I do think it is a good idea to have a fully equipped shop set things up so you have a baseline. There are some things, like getting the axle centered, that they are better equipped to do. Once you have had it aligned you can then maintain it with a tape measure.

Back