• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redneck gear marking compound?

JnJ

NAXJA Forum User
Decided I was going to put my front axle back together tomorrow. So I go out tonight to pick up some gear marking compound. Guess what? The local parts stores dont carry it. Crap! So, what are some redneck solutions? I know someone out there has done it. I'm thinking something like touth paste. Any ideas?

Take a piece of chalk and grind off some powder with a piece of sand paper. Then mix it with some Vaseline. BAM! Blue collar gear butter.

go to an art supply store, like michaels or something

get either prussian blue or yellow ocre OIL paint in a small (2oz) tube.

not acrylic.

yeah, THAT'S redneck.

Imagine Larry the Cable Guy walking into Michael's and asking for a tube of Prussian Blue.

Okie Terry said:
yeah, THAT'S redneck.

Imagine Larry the Cable Guy walking into Michael's and asking for a tube of Prussian Blue.

:laugh:

hey, I just told him the way to get the REAL thing....

only he can get more of the SAME thing for cheaper.

all the shit is, is pigments suspended in titanium white and linseed oil.

what did you want me to say?

mix a dixie-cup's worth of lone star along with some pcs. of dead sunburnt skin, refried beans and tobacco spit?

be my guest

Beezil said:
:laugh:

hey, I just told him the way to get the REAL thing....

only he can get more of the SAME thing for cheaper.

all the shit is, is pigments suspended in titanium white and linseed oil.

what did you want me to say?

mix a dixie-cup's worth of lone star along with some pcs. of dead sunburnt skin, refried beans and tobacco spit?

be my guest
Now yer tawlki-yun. Yew neeyd tew specialfy win yer gunnuh bee seer, uh syriu, uh.... not jokin.

Cleaned up the vette last night and went cruisin'. Had a blast til I got a flat. :( So this AM will be spent getting that taken care of, gears will wait til tomorrow. Beez, thanks the wife is going to Hobby Lobby, she'll pick up some oil paint there.

JnJ said:
Cleaned up the vette last night and went cruisin'. Had a blast til I got a flat. :( So this AM will be spent getting that taken care of, gears will wait til tomorrow. Beez, thanks the wife is going to Hobby Lobby, she'll pick up some oil paint there.

were you able to change the flat tire okay? I didn't see any threads about it, but maybe you asked on the Vette forum.

Back