• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redi Welder ???

GRNT

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Has anyone here used or have a Redi Welder? If so can you give me feed back.
I like the idea that it can be hooked to a 220 volt stick welder (buzz box) and the versitility of taking in on the trail to be used with batteries.
Also can weld aluminum and used with gas. It appears to be the most versatile.
I wanted to get a new 220 mig welder and thought since I have a miller buzz box just sitting around not being used since I bought my miller 130 mig a few years ago, then why not get the Redi welder and have all the versitility as long as it will weld the heavier metals and it has a 100% duty cycle with gas and 70% with Flux core.
Any thoughts from you metal bitches out there.
GRNT

I had never welded anything before I bought one to carry in the Jeep. I hooked it up to two batterys and started welding up some scrap with flux core wire.
I couldn't believe the fast learning curve! It's amazing how good a bead you can get by just adjusting the wire speed.
I never tried using it with anything but batterys and I have heard it's the pure DC from the batterys that makes it so easy to use. It welds the bigger stuff better than my Lincoln 175.
As far a Jeep welder its only problem is it's size. The spool is in the gun head so it's a little bulky for hard to get places. It sure packs and travels easy though.......
Ron

I have a readywelder and did my whole front conversion to leaf springs with it, made my front bumper, and shaved the rear diff (toy 8") with it. it works great, but it was a hassle doing that much and having to recharge the batteries. If you had a buzzbox to hook it to, or are only doing 10 minutes of welding with the batteries, it's great.

also, like mentioned, the spoolgun is pretty bulky.

I used one on Fore Wheeler's rig in Tellico. I thought it was pretty trick and wouldn't mind owning it for the trail. Don't think I'd use it much in the shop though.

Back