• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i just finished aw4 to ax15 swap.. dash, blinkers, and tail/brake lights not working

nev3636

NAXJA Forum User
i just joined this forum about 2 minutes ago so forgive me if i am doing something wrong, but here is my issue. i just finished swapping my aw4 for an ax15. all went well as far as mechanical aspects. when i started it i had no gauges working, no brake/tail lights, and no blinkers. i have a 98 xj 4.0, and it was an auto. i took the ax15 out of a 97, along with the clutch, flywheel, and ECU. to get the jeep to start i spliced the 7 and 8 wires on the gray harness that goes to the nss (bypassed the nss)... i checked all fuses and they are good. the other harness (black one) that went to the aw4 were speed sensors. im not sure what the other wires on the (grey harness) neutral safety module thing do but i am guessing they might have something to do with the dash and other lighting issues? anyone know what i should do here?

Back