• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built Dana 30 and 8.25

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
Front Axle
high-pinion Dana 30 out of '98 XJ
4.56 gears
ARB
Warn Manual hub kit
one spare hub (new)
4340 chromoly inner and outer shafts
Spicer 760 u-joints with full circle clips
tubes sleeved and passenger side UCA mount plated for strength
HD LCA mounts with skids
HD diff guard

Rear Axle
Chrysler 8.25 out of 2000 XJ
4.56 gears
ARB
Yukon 1541h alloy shafts (29-spline)
one stock spare shaft
Teraflex rear disc brakes
1" billet aluminum wheel spacers (to match width of front axle with hubs)
raised shock mounts
shaved bottom
HD diff guard

2,800 for the pair
or
1,800 front
1,000 rear

Here's some dumb questions-

Concerning the Dana 30 (front)

You didn't mention brakes. Stock or ?

Will it bolt into place with stock (ZJ V8) steering? Is it complete and ready to bolt in or does it need?

You sig says you're in Reno, is this where the diff is as well?

Here's some dumb questions-

Concerning the Dana 30 (front)

You didn't mention brakes. Stock or ?

Will it bolt into place with stock (ZJ V8) steering? Is it complete and ready to bolt in or does it need?

You sig says you're in Reno, is this where the diff is as well?

Yes brakes are included. They are stock rotors but have been modified to be used with the manual hub conversion.

Your steering question reminded me of one modification I forgot about.... the driver side knuckle has a tie rod flip insert so your tie rod on that end mounts above the knuckle. Your steering will swap directly over to this axle with that one slight change (improvement).

That also reminds me again... due to the tie rod flip, I installed taller swaybar mounts on the axle to clear the tie rod. I forget off hand how much they are extended.

The axle is ready to bolt in and go, in fact it is still under my jeep but ready to be taken out.

Yes I am in Reno and this is where the axles are.

I am going to KOH next month and can deliver it down there or we can work out something.

Any other questions let me know here or I can give you my phone number via PM. I can also take photos of anything you might want to see.

Eric

Glad to hear it...

Now I can stop wondering how I was going to tell the better half I needed $1800 (for the front) to buy more heep parts, lol.

Glad to hear it...

Now I can stop wondering how I was going to tell the better half I needed $1800 (for the front) to buy more heep parts, lol.

Seriously. I was wondering how I would be able to grab that front axle from Reno and install it before I leave for Washington in 2 weeks. Those axles are a smoking deal for someone.

Well the axles were passed to their new owner today. They were good to me for many years and I hope the same holds true for the new owner.

Blast from the past Eric. Still running these, well.. finally running them on the trail often. Sent you a PM with steering/end link question.

Back