• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8L Radiator Swap

I am about to replace the radiator in my 85, and would like to swap something bigger in since i will be doing a 302 swap this summer. I have not been able to find any larger aftermarket radiators for the 2.8l, but i have found several for the 4.0. How difficult would it be to get a 4.0l radiator in my Jeep and what all would i need aside from the radiator?

85cherokeechief said:
I am about to replace the radiator in my 85, and would like to swap something bigger in since i will be doing a 302 swap this summer. I have not been able to find any larger aftermarket radiators for the 2.8l, but i have found several for the 4.0. How difficult would it be to get a 4.0l radiator in my Jeep and what all would i need aside from the radiator?

I would just stay with what you got until the swap. You will probably have to fab up some new mounts for a different radiator. I don't think that a 4.0 radiator will fit properly in an 85. There are lots of things to take into consideration when doing a radiator swap. Fan location, fan shroud, and so on. Good luck with your swap.

Kim.

Back