• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One piece header or three piece header??

turbobaja1835

NAXJA Member #1299
I have been pondering this one. The Banks and Gibson are one piece headers with all the pipes mergings in one spot making some of the pipes longer than others. The Pace Setter header is a two piece header with another pipe to connect them, these look more like equal length pipes to me. Who out there thinks there would be a difference in the performance. Not to mention the Pace Setter is about $200 cheaper. Any input.

Thanks, Joe

I've used both borla and pacesetter and by far i liked the borla the best. I realy cant compare the pwer since the motor with the pacesetter had a cam and other work done to it. I know the borla cost more but you get what you pay for. if you realy worried about the power aspect and a stroker is in the works the mopar one witch i belive is a mike leach(sp?) is the best one bu ona stock or mild motor you wount see a diffrence.

REDXJ4FUN said:
I've used both borla and pacesetter and by far i liked the borla the best. I realy cant compare the pwer since the motor with the pacesetter had a cam and other work done to it. I know the borla cost more but you get what you pay for. if you realy worried about the power aspect and a stroker is in the works the mopar one witch i belive is a mike leach(sp?) is the best one bu ona stock or mild motor you wount see a diffrence.

I am running a 4.7 stroker I built myself. I am of course using it very minimal until some of the necesary mods like exhaust and whatnot catch up to the engine.

Back