• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another new member saying hi =)

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up a Cherokee a few days ago. Been a rockcrawler for 15 years, and got a good deal on a good project rig last week! Ran across a guy at the local parts store that told me about these forums and said I should get to know everyone in the NW Chapter so here I am =)

It's an '89 with 8" Rusty's, some mods, 35"s, etc. It came with an awesome stereo (2 12 Kickers, 800 watt amp), a nice winch bumper, and a few extras so for $2500 it was a good deal for a starter rig.

Now, its still got the 30/35 combo, so I just picked up an SYE kit and plan on finding a new Front and Rear end to swap under, which will likely be my starter posts you'll see as I try to tap the brilliant minds of all the experts here for good swap solutions!

Anyway, I probably wont be able to wheel her for at least 3 months as I start the rebuild, but hopefully this winter I can tag along with some runs =)

Oh, and I live in Gresham, OR.

mikejeep.jpg

nice rig man, Im about to do the 9" and 44 swap under my rig as well.. i just got to find a passenger side chevy flat top knuckle for a 44 and its on... I will for see you around sometime soon..

I see that rig all the time. It was at the Gresham Jeep-rock event.
The old owner works at the bus-barn behind my house.

Always liked it! just needs a little love.

nw-xj-scott said:
I see that rig all the time. It was at the Gresham Jeep-rock event.
The old owner works at the bus-barn behind my house.

Always liked it! just needs a little love.

Yea, I live in Gresham as well, and it's not going to be wheeled for awhile. I don't care about body damage, its going to be a crawler, and he didn't do anything wrong with it. It just has a lot of things it needs and I hope to get them done before I run out of patience and want to wheel it.

I found out today that the entire steering setup is junk, bent, falling apart, etc. So .. without further ado I went ahead and ordered Rusty's Steering setup (its well priced) and Steering box brace. Now I'm reading all the articles on making your own long arm setup and I think I can use my existing arms to fab up new ones and probably get that done in the next month or so. Rear end, and regearing everything will be up after that .. and THEN I might have the guts to take it offroad =)

Anyway, keep in touch guys, maybe I'll start a thread soon to just keep updates on how the rig buildup goes .. I like to keep in touch with local people as you might have some advice and after its done I can thank you with beers!

Back