• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 power seats, driver side not working

ptimhere

NAXJA Forum User
2001 Limited, with dual power seats.

The passenger side seat works, the driver side does not. If I understand what I'm reading correctly, they are controlled by a circuit breaker in the fuse panel. Is it possible that the breaker can work for one side and not the other?

Its definitely a power issue. If I run some patch leads to the driver seat, it will work. But with the standard power cable plugged in, it does not.

I would think that the power cable for the driver side doesn't have that much further to go. Without yanking carpet, I'm not sure where it would break.

ah, nevermind. I had some time to take a longer look. Its a ground issue. I have 12V at the power seat connector if I run my meter to the body. So it must be a ground wire issue.

For simplicity sake, can I just run a ground wire to the seat frame?

(I know for some this is a simple question, but its been a while since I've been doing automotive electrical work)

Back