• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog lights?

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
What would you use for *real* fog lights for an XJ?

Either something that would fit in the stock location, or else thin enough that could mount on top of the bumper without being the first thing to get trashed when some knucklehead backs into you in a parking lot.

MY XJ is more of a bad weather go anywhere vehicle than it is a wheeler.

I already have truck-lite headlights, so that bit is sorted.

I like old school amber fog lamps. And old school chrome. I used a Detours short light bar, had it chromed, and mounted Grote fogs on it. The light bar protects the fog lamps well as it is forward of the lamps. It also provides plenty of clearance. Truck-Lite headlamps here too.

2ELz0oP.jpg

I like old school amber fog lamps. And old school chrome. I used a Detours short light bar, had it chromed, and mounted Grote fogs on it. The light bar protects the fog lamps well as it is forward of the lamps. It also provides plenty of clearance. Truck-Lite headlamps here too.

2ELz0oP.jpg

You really need to post more pics of this

I run a relay harness with the stock fogs on my '00. I also added Hella yellow bulbs, and cleaned and polished the lens. Works phenomenal. I also had a detours bar and two Hella 500s that worked great on my MJ.
6563d7914d794cfad0bb1c9dcf2fe83c.jpg

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Back