• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VOTE NOW for May 2010 ROTM

VOTE NOW for May 2010 ROTM

• Cottontail

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • ridgerunner97

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • xjtrailrider

Votes: 37 20.6%
  • Rob Mayercik

Votes: 51 28.3%
  • FlexdXJ

Votes: 56 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Same rules as always, first 5 red letter names to post 2 quality recent photos of their rig and a spec list will be voted on. Winner will have their pic posted on the front page of NAXJA, and will be featured on a 2011 calender.

This month there is a theme for the ROTM. 3.5" of lift or less, and a maximum tire size of 31".
These need to be recent pics, or at least close how your rig looks at this time.

Poll is open.

Last edited:
Re: Official May 2010 ROTM submission thread

2001 60th Anniversary Edition XJ

One of 2778 silver Anniversary Edition models built

Poser shot at the house

101_0433.jpg

A little flex at the Rock Garden at Turkey Bay/Land Between the Lakes KY on April 10.

101_0458.jpg

Specs:
-3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex lift with RE disconnects
-2010 JK Rubicon OEM Shocks
-Tera-flex Bar Pin Eliminators
-31" Bridgestone Dueler MT's on OEM rims from my '85 XJ (R.I.P my old friend)
-Warrior Products front bumper
-Custom 4x4 Fabrication rear bumper
-OEM front, transfer case, and gas tank skid plates
-Cobra 75 WX ST all-in-one CB with 4 foot Firestick antenna
-Homemade roof rack cross bar mounted spare tire holder

Future Plans:
-Upgrade things as they break!

Last edited:

Impassable County Roads in Grafton, WV on a Poker Run with Stagger4x4

Stuck good in March in the Mountains of SW Pa.

Specs:

1997 XJ
4.0L/AW4/NP231
Dana 30 Open 3.55s
Chryco 8.25 29 spline Aussie Locker 3.55s
31x11.50R15 Super Swamper LTB's/31x10.50 General Grabber A/T2s
3in Rough Country Lift
JKS Discos
Custom Sliders
Cobra CB 3ft Francis antenna
Tow hooks
Rear Hitch
Project "FlexJ BellyDragger"

My 90 XJ, my Dad bought it new in 1990 from Jim Mills Jeep in Basset VA.

He drove it until he died in 2003. My stepmother sold it and after 2 years I decided I wanted it back so I went on a search for it. Carfax reports showed that it was still in my hometown and after a few months of searching i found it at the back of an abandoned lot with a blown engine and a homeless man living in it. I had a LEO friend of mine find the owners address and I made contact with him. $400 brought it home.
*snip*

So after a lot of work including the rebuild of the original 4.0 I got her running again. I had to replace most of the interior due to the homeless man living in it.

I did a few upgrades along the way including new paint, 96 XJ brake booster/MC, 96 XJ wiper motor, 96 XJ e-fans, 96 XJ steering box, PORC SYE and TW shaft, 29 spline 8.25 w/4.10 gears and Detroit TT, non disco HP D-30 w/760x/ U-joints and 4.10, canyon wheels, 2" bastard pack rear/spacers front, 30x9.5 BFG AT's, Pioneer stereo, Bazooka bass tube, Uniden 510 CB, Magellen GPS/nav, and a bunch of stuff I can't remember! Its my daily driver and it tows my lawnmowers everyday. I don't wheel this one but its more than capable if I need to.

Some pics;
*snip*

The XJ at work
P1020298.jpg

Cleaned up!
P1010509.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Submitted for your approval: My 1992 Laredo.

Current Specs:
4.0L/AW4/NP231
HP D30 (3.55, open)
27sp C8.25 (3.55, open)
2" OME Medium Duty Suspension kit
235/75R15 Goodyear Duratracs
JCR Stage 4 Front Bumper
Full Mopar Skids set
RuffStuff Diff covers front and rear
Rear Hitch
2x6 Rectangular Tube Rocker replacement
Cut-n-Fold rear quarters
Autopal E-Code/H4 conversion
Working IR Keyless entry with Piland Remote (how many can claim this nowadays?)
ZJ Transmission Shifter Knob
OEM Power mirrors (self-added)

Coming soon:
HD Tie Rod
JCR TCase skid
97+ Headliner swap
94 Chrysler Concorde Keyless Entry system swap
A little more lift (1-1.5" more)

Starting up the Crawler Ridge approach at Rausch Creek:
ROTM_At_Play_2.jpg

At the top of the Crawler Ridge Approach:
ROTM_At_Play.jpg

Last edited:

Ohh pick me

Drivetrain:
4.0l
AW4
NP231

Front Axle: stock open diff, ZJ steering
Rear axle: Stock, Open

Armor:
JCR T-case skid
JCR stage 2 sliders
OE Front and gas tank skid(not pictured)
JCR Stage 4 front bumper(not pictured)
JCR stage 3 rear with tire carrier(not pictured)
JCR taillight housings (not pictured)

Goodies:
31" Kumho road venture MT's
15x7 Soft 8's with 4" BS
Cobra CB
wilson antenna
Surco Roof Rack
DDM tuning HID's
Autopal housings
Ebay HD harness
2" teraflex spacers and a bastard pack
JKS rear upper shock mounts
LED's in gauge cluster
OEM hitch
C4x4 THB's
Relocated Front flares
JKS disco's to be installed
Lightforce 170's to be installed

Photos from Winterfest oh-ten
Rockledge.jpg

throttlehill.jpg

Last edited:
Well, now that the thread's been unlocked for voting, I can throw out a hearty "good luck to all".

Here's to hoping for a good close race!

I second Rob's post. Good luck y'all...and thanks to my fellow competitors for NOT being a Baja 1000 winner! :)

Good luck to all, very nice rigs!

Mine is a non wheeler, I have a trail rig for that stuff. The old girl means too much to me to tear up. But it gets driven daily and never lets me down. Keeps the lawn care business rolling along and the kids moving back and forth to football, baseball and basketball practice.

I think the "Old Man" would be proud of his old Jeep and I plan on passing it down through the generations.

Thanks to those that vote for "Gran dad's Jeep" as we affectionately call it around our house.

Good luck to all, very nice rigs!

Mine is a non wheeler, I have a trail rig for that stuff. The old girl means too much to me to tear up. But it gets driven daily and never lets me down. Keeps the lawn care business rolling along and the kids moving back and forth to football, baseball and basketball practice.

I think the "Old Man" would be proud of his old Jeep and I plan on passing it down through the generations.

Thanks to those that vote for "Gran dad's Jeep" as we affectionately call it around our house.

I love your Jeep man, Its ok that you don't wheel it, Its got a reason to not be wheeled. I will have a street Jeep one day but it will still be lifted! :D

Agreed - nothing at all wrong with having one as a non-wheeler. After all, you keep it looking that nice and it could end up in a museum some day!

Even though this one doesn't "play", it's still doing what it was designed to do - work. In my book, that's more than good enough.

I love your Jeep man, Its ok that you don't wheel it, Its got a reason to not be wheeled. I will have a street Jeep one day but it will still be lifted! :D

Agreed - nothing at all wrong with having one as a non-wheeler. After all, you keep it looking that nice and it could end up in a museum some day!

Even though this one doesn't "play", it's still doing what it was designed to do - work. In my book, that's more than good enough.

Thanks all! The old girl has had a hard life until I found it. Dad towed a 24' travel trailer with it for its first few years of life. My stepsister who was a big time druggie in her early adult years use to borrow it from my dad then take it out and trade it for drugs. Dad had to pick it up from police impound several times. My real sister borrowed it from dad and managed to take out 2 deer at one time with it at highway speed but managed to drive it home. Then there was the owner who had between my dad and myself. He was the one who ran it dry of coolant but still drove it 20 miles to get home. He melted down #3/#4 pistons yet the block/ head was still salvageable. These are tough little buggers!

I'm trying to let it relax a little in her golden years.

160k hard miles but still on the original AW4/NP231

Thanks all! The old girl has had a hard life until I found it. Dad towed a 24' travel trailer with it for its first few years of life. My stepsister who was a big time druggie in her early adult years use to borrow it from my dad then take it out and trade it for drugs. Dad had to pick it up from police impound several times. My real sister borrowed it from dad and managed to take out 2 deer at one time with it at highway speed but managed to drive it home. Then there was the owner who had between my dad and myself. He was the one who ran it dry of coolant but still drove it 20 miles to get home. He melted down #3/#4 pistons yet the block/ head was still salvageable. These are tough little buggers!

I'm trying to let it relax a little in her golden years.

160k hard miles but still on the original AW4/NP231

All five submissions this month are extremely nice, but your resto-mod got my vote. Nice work on the old girl!

Well, XCM, sorry you feel that way. I'd say all 5 rigs for consideration are more than capable for what they are built for.

With this month's ROTM requirements (3.5" of lift or less with 31" tires or smaller) there is certainly less opportunity to feature a rig that has a bunch of custom built elements. I have to believe anyone that is going to take the time to or has the talent to home brew a Jeep is going to go more than 3.5". Perhaps I am wrong, but don't really think so...

I'm pretty proud of my "bolt on" XJ...because I bolted it all on with my own 2 hands and there is something to be said for that!

So, to date, thanks to the 12 people that like my Jeep enough to throw their support my way...and thanks in advance to anyone that decides they like my Jeep before voting is up in a couple days.

Back