• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Now all you need are some rainbow rock lights. :)

She wants em. Honestly for her it’s ok. She laughed and said she kinda feels fast and furious liking them but still wants it. Lol. Mostly for snow wheeling after seeing some friends with em.

Hey, whatever Lola wants, Lola gets. Seriously, though, why not.

Getting these things built up.
2b0ccedd2675088c3b342ed95ec234a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of 6.7 Cummins, a buddy is looking to add a tuner on his. What’s the best option that’ll allow him to delete later on when his emissions equipment starts to fail?

Edge Juice with Attitude CTS2 - Hands down. I use one on my 5.9. Supposed to be even better with the 6.7. I run it on level 5 and still get better mileage than on level 2 which is supposed to be the fuel saver... Talk about running like a raped ape... I also the fuel pump, I just went with the entry level FASS drp and it's been wonderful.

Edge Juice with Attitude CTS2 - Hands down. I use one on my 5.9. Supposed to be even better with the 6.7. I run it on level 5 and still get better mileage than on level 2 which is supposed to be the fuel saver... Talk about running like a raped ape... I also the fuel pump, I just went with the entry level FASS drp and it's been wonderful.

I have an edge but still have the dpf and egr . I rarely run it tuned because I want the motor to last so it can tow my toy . I can't see what a tuner is really needed for I can pull Eisenhower tunnel coming back east to denver at 75 mph on 35s with stock gears grossing a total of 17,500 with edge set to stock ...how much more do you need ?

I have an edge but still have the dpf and egr . I rarely run it tuned because I want the motor to last so it can tow my toy . I can't see what a tuner is really needed for I can pull Eisenhower tunnel coming back east to denver at 75 mph on 35s with stock gears grossing a total of 17,500 with edge set to stock ...how much more do you need ?
I guess it depends on what you want. I have the 99 24v, a lot was to be desired especially vs the newer 5.9s and 6.7. I’m now right in line with your stock hp/tq - but in addition, my intake temp is lower, transmission runs cooler, my fuel pressure is right, my fuel mileage is up, it’s all positives for me. Technically the lower temperatures means that my older truck should, at least on paper last longer. On my older 24v I definitely needed it.

I guess it depends on what you want. I have the 99 24v, a lot was to be desired especially vs the newer 5.9s and 6.7. I’m now right in line with your stock hp/tq - but in addition, my intake temp is lower, transmission runs cooler, my fuel pressure is right, my fuel mileage is up, it’s all positives for me. Technically the lower temperatures means that my older truck should, at least on paper last longer. On my older 24v I definitely needed it.

I do want to remove the "emotions" but leave them on in a hollowed out fashion that looks installed just in case someone looks under it . I don't have testing in my county. This would potentially add life to the motor . The 6.7 was designed with hotter egt in mind so I'd imagine the motor cam tolerate higher egt than the 5.9 the block on the 6.7 is also beefier than the niner . It needs a deer killer bumper and train horns before summer .

I've never been a fan of the Edge products myself. We had 2 D-Max's at work with them and the tuners kept going bad, then they eventually fried the factory ecm. On my friend's 04 Dodge the Edge did the same thing, first the tuner took a dump and then it killed the ecm.

I'll agree that the newer trucks make more than enough power stock. Even on my old 7.3L with its factory 290hp rating I'm only running a +60hp tune. That's just enough to get rid of the doggishness of the stock tune, plus I also get better fuel mileage.

My buddy with the 6.7L was asking me about it because he is adding a small lift and going to 37's. The place he is getting that stuff from was recommending a tuner to allow him to correct the speedometer, adjust the TPMS settings, and of course get more power. I'm not around the newer trucks enough to know if there are other ways to accomplish that w/o a tuner or not. I would assume so. I just told him that if it were me, I'd make sure that whatever tuner I went with would later on support deleting certain expensive and failure prone devices put in place by the EPA. That way, when they start going bad I can simply remove them.

Those EPA add-ons are why I'm keeping my 18 year old 7.3L, it didn't come with any of that stuff. No EGR, no CAT, and definitely no DPF or DEF systems. As nice as the newer trucks are (I recently drove my g/f's step dad's new dodge, and yeah it was super smooth riding and quiet) its hard for to justify both the payment and the added reliability concerns of those systems. Mine is a Lariat in good condition, so its not like its a beat down old farm truck. Still, the new trucks ride nicer and have some cool features I'd love to have. Manual shift 6 speed automatics, factory exhaust brakes, and bigger brakes are all things I could really appreciate. All 3 of the domestic diesels have their plusses and minuses, back and forth teasing aside they're all good trucks. The added emissions stuff though is a real PIA for longevity. I see it on the big trucks too. Hell, they've even forced that crap onto construction equipment. Its kind of ridiculous IMHO. The EPA seems to have some very unrealistic goals when it comes to cars and trucks of all categories.

Last edited:
Guy at work was just saying his little Kubota tractor has a dpf on it. Dumb.
I'm surprised you've had such bad luck with edge. I've had the exact opposite. Installed a bunch of them too. I always had issues with bullydog and h and s tuners tho.

Dutch, I don't know that a tuner can correct the speedo and tpms... Too new for me. That's funny because Edge is more for mopar than the rest... That sucks, I have have nothing bad to say about them, knock-on-wood. I'm right there with you with my "old" truck.

Got tired of chasing rust mid project since I don't like painting things mid project much as it's hard to clean off for welding. So picked up 6 cans of this ...IMG_20190224_44666.jpg

Stuff really isn't cheap but it's legit anti corrosion weldable paint unlike the weldable primer which is pourus and pulls moisture in and traps it between primer and steel surface . Now I can paint as I go with less rust clean up .

Dutch, I don't know that a tuner can correct the speedo and tpms... Too new for me. That's funny because Edge is more for mopar than the rest... That sucks, I have have nothing bad to say about them, knock-on-wood. I'm right there with you with my "old" truck.

That’s how I did it on my JKUR. I used my Superchips tuner to adjust the pressure that set off the TPMS light and to correct my speedometer. Eventually I replaced it with an AeroForce gauge that allowed me to completely disable TPMS abs my “smart” sway bar so the light would stop flashing at me when I replaced it with an anti-rock sway bar.

Got the track bar assembled. Used a Barnes 4wd bracket. Angles are really close to drag link. Even got to move it around a bit. Took gratuitous plasma cutting to inner fenders and mocking up coilovers now. Any reason why I can't lean the shock hoops back some? Seems like everything fits better that way. Don't mine the nice plasma cut. It's all pretty much there to hold the front together until I do more with.

46288281815_42f5b77e55_c.jpg

40237979433_c130ba70e1_c.jpg

46288262015_365efd51c6_c.jpg

46288246915_a744ab9d9b_h.jpg

I pushed my rear axle back even more after Building the mounts and that produced the same misalignment you would be seeing up front with the mount leaned back the only question I had which was never answered was does having this misalignment cause issue at the joint and bolt ? ... aside from that I can't see any issue as long as your not binding from running out of misalignment . I Still may move my axle side mounts forward but I may run it as issince it doesn't bind .

Back