• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URE workdays 2007

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
Happy New Year to everyone... We decided to stick with last years plan of having a work weekend for each month since it worked out well... Each work weekend is scheduled for the 3rd weekend of the month this year... Only two come on a holiday weekend, St. Patricks Day, and Fathers Day... We have had good turn out of father and son groups in the past on Fathers day so we decided to keep them without shuffling the dates...

Mar. 17th-18th (St. Patrick's day)
Apr. 21st-22nd
May 19th-20th
Jun. 16th-17th (Fathers day)
Jul. 21st-22nd
Aug. 18th-19th
Sep. 15th-16th
Oct. 20th-21st
Nov. 17th-18th

If you noticed above, we have Sawyer only work days scheduled while Uwharrie is closed... We will be having Sawyer training class sometime in January or Febuary if you would like to be Certified... The class is limited to 8-10 people per class... Please send me an e-mail letting me know to add you to the list if you wish to be certified for the winter work day work... If we have over 8-10 you will be placed on a waiting list for the training and put into the next available training course... The Jan./Feb. date has not yet been set... Once the date and time is set, those available and who wish to take it will be contacted via e-mail for confirmation... If your name comes up and you can't make it, it will be added to the end of the list unless otherwise stated by you...

Thanks as always for your time and we hope to see you all this year...

M.Hall
Uwharrie Recreation Association
www.Uwharrieinfo.us

Thanks for the reminder Mark

My USFS Class B Sawyer certification runs out at the end of the month, I need to get on the list for that re-cert training.

Had a extra work day today. Trails are cleared of dead fall and the wooden bridges are back in place. Plaese stay on the trail and have fun.

It allows you to run chain saws for the forest service I believe.

Back