• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how bad are your floors???

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
well the trail rig has finally lost the battle with cancer. the rear floors are gone and the final straw was the right side front leaf spring mount being punched up thru the floor an inch... it still drives straight but the body has begun to seperate and settle, and the rear of the truck is a full 1 inch wider than the hatch now!!!! it's being officially retired and i am getting the new replacement rig tommorow.. :loveu: :party: heres a few pics to illustrate the extent of the damage...

right side (not too bad here)

standard

left side (this is where you see how bad it is)

standard

the hatch fit nicely when it was replaced a few months ago...

When i first got my XJ, i though a few holes in the passenger side were bad, but now youi've humbled me. Anyway what are you getting for a replacement rig?

Mike

Thats a bummer sidriptide: hope yur just getting another xj body! EDIT: (beat my post) Beautiful!

I have an ol 87 thats been in super salty MN/Wisconsin most of its life. Body is a little rusty and suspension was really rusty but the floor is in good shape. It has a rubberized undercoating that i belive has saved it. Must have been applied when new? I highly reccomend it if it is professionally installed on a clean floor with no rust or moisture on it (I've heard undercoatings will trap this in and make much worse)
My old 81 chevy pu was unprotected and when it was as old as my xj, the bed and floor was completly rusted through in several areas. Good thing it wasn't a unibody.

Back