• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Catalytic Converter Scrap Value?

None. It's illegal to sell a used cat in CA.

If the core is still in it, call your local recycler. Scrap value often fluctuates.

If the core is still in it, call your local recycler. Scrap value often fluctuates.

I was just coming back to clarify. Hypoid has it right. You can sell it as scrap.

going rate for the new style main cat should be about $55. $45 for the squarish style $4.00 if an aftermarket and about 5-10 each for the magnetic steel (foil) pre cats in the 2000 - 2001's

east coast prices i listed and platinum/ palladium is on a crash with all other metals so prices may vary a bit

Thanks. Not trying to do anything illegal, just wondering if it's worth the effort and fuel cost.

I'll make a few calls to see what some of the local yards say.

Hello, unfortunately, I have to warn you that you can't sell a used Cat in CA. The only thing to do with it is to scrap it. td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}

[FONT=&quot]Yeah, as far as I can tell, the only thing to do with it is to scrap it. Fortunately, the internet is full of different companies that offer their scrap services. It can quickly help you get rid of a car, a tractor, or a Cat excavator. For example, I recently scrapped my car at scrapi.com, and I was shocked when they offered me almost the same amount of money I gave for that car 1 year ago. I can't say that it was a lot, but it is still better than nothing.[/FONT]

He clarified that he was just wanting to scrap it. 2 years ago here in the Midwest I got 150 for the 3 out of my 01 I scrapped and 100 out of the one from my 95. Have prices fallen that much?

Magnaflow gave me a $75 rebate for sending my old precat assembly back to them. Maybe I could have gotten more, but I'm lazy and they sent me a shipping label.

Magnaflow gave me a $75 rebate for sending my old precat assembly back to them. Maybe I could have gotten more, but I'm lazy and they sent me a shipping label.

Perhaps keep the old cat, hollow it out and use it as a "test" pipe for that two years between smog tests. that keeps the shiny new cat in top condition. That is worth more than $75!

Hello, unfortunately, I have to warn you that you can't sell a used Cat in CA. The only thing to do with it is to scrap it. td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}

Not true, sure commericial sale of used cats is banned by the state smog nazi, cant have a cheap way to get your old car to pass smog test, the smog nazis want your car crushed, so the more expensive the smog nazis make it to keep your car, the more likely you will give it up for them smog nazis to crush, hence the ban on commercial sale of cats for reuse

But there is no law that prevents a private party from selling the cat for reuse on a car.

Given the lawlessness of california, a commercial sale of a used cat, (not stolen) probably earns a stiffer penalty than when a felon with a mile long wrap sheet is busted for stealing cats from parked cars. Crime is rampant in california, thefts of under $1000 are punished by a slap on the wrist, but cross the smog nazis and look out.

Every man for himself in lawless california, lockdowns be damned!

Back