• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leak after AGR PS pump install?

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
After installing an AGR pump, cooler, and filter for the PS system, I have a leak! It seems to be coming from the bottom of the pump area. I DID find the O-ring between the pump and reservior and installed it on the new AGR pump. The leak only happens after it heats up, and will usually stop if I remove the cap.:confused: Is the reservior getting pressurized, and how does it vent? The leak almost has to be coming from the O-ring or a "check-ball" near the bottom. Is this a relief valve of some type? It's also pretty noisy after it warms up a bit, much more so than my old pump.
One more detail...The PS system also goes through my Milemarker winch.
HELP, and TIA!

Did you bleed the system? Are the fittings tight? Is the O-ring torn, knicked, or hard? I have also heard of allot of issues with AGR pumps....but I would check these things first. Maybe even replace the o rign with a new one.

Rev

No bubbles, fittings are tight, system is bled. I'll try replacing the O-ring tomorrow.
I was told that the reservoir has to vent somehow...
On this model, I have no vent in the cap. How does it get air and keep pressure down/

Noise when its warm points toward a bad pump. Did you bleed the system as per the FSM?? Wheels up, engine running, turn lock to lock slowly, check fluid, repeat? Just asking cause I forgot to do it.

Rev

Well that's the third method I've heard of for bleeding.:(
I filled up the reservoir, started the engine for a second and shut off, refill reservoir, repeat. When reservoir stays full, I slowly turned wheel lock-to-lock 5-6 times until no more bubbles in fluid.
I've also read where you're supposed to turn the wheel with the Jeep front lifted and engine NOT running until no bubbles are present.:confused:

I'm glad I did it right...;)
What issues have you heard of with AGR pumps? Quality stuff?
Also, do you know why they recommend not having any hoses touching the body or frame? That would be almost impossible with my winch hoses.:eek:
Thanks for the help!:)

AGR.... was your first mistake

I bought the same crap from them a while ago, just couldnt stop it from leaking, returned their stuff and got my money back

IMO AGR is cr@p

(4wheeler or Jpmagazine had a rant on AGR in the past few months, seems like everbody that buys their sh|t turns out with a leaky pump ) by this time you think they would fix it, but then again I guess they dont know :rolleyes:

one questions.... Why did you replace your pump with AGR anyway? stock one wasnt cutting the job for your 44s?:D

KarmirXJ said:
AGR.... was your first mistake

I bought the same crap from them a while ago, just couldnt stop it from leaking, returned their stuff and got my money back

IMO AGR is cr@p

(4wheeler or Jpmagazine had a rant on AGR in the past few months, seems like everbody that buys their sh|t turns out with a leaky pump ) by this time you think they would fix it, but then again I guess they dont know :rolleyes:

one questions.... Why did you replace your pump with AGR anyway? stock one wasnt cutting the job for your 44s?:D
I had some noise coming from my old pump and thought a higher powered one would help with the winching, also.:(

The stock pumps works just fine for the winch, sorry. The reason you dont want the hoses to touch is so they do not wear thru, I secured mine that run to the winch so they wont bounce around and rub thru.

Rev

I talked to AGR this morning and they said that pump would be a little more noisy than the stock one for awhile. I'll try and find a new o-ring today and see what happens with the leak.:confused1

Seems like we go through this AGR crap once a month.

We need a "DO NOT BUY AGR" sticky.

CRASH

Back