• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2019 NAXJA Lower Rock Garden SHOOTOUT!!!

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
I present to you the Second Annual Lower Rock Garden Shootout.

I don't know about you but this was my favorite part about last years Crawl.

Here's how it'll work:

Time:

Saturday, July 6th at 12:00 NOON
Those who plan to participate in this race will need to be AT Lower Rock Garden at NOON on Saturday SHARP. The Race will start at 12:30. With or without you there.

Entry:

The entry will be $20 per rig. This will go 100% towards the prizes. This is non-refundable and due before the race starts.

Classes:

There will be 2 classes. The first class will be all folks with Stock-35" tires. The second class will be all folks with Tires larger than that. There are no other classifications. Tire size only. 2 classes. Simple as that.

Course:

This will take place on Lower Rock Garden. There will be a starting line and a finish line. There will be left and right boundaries. These boundaries will include 90% of the rock garden and you can pick what ever you think the fastest line will be. Strict lines will not be enforced. The small tire class will take the main exit. Big tire guys are required to run the full trail.

Timed Run:

Simple: The person in each class to make it through the finish line the fastest wins. If you do not make it to the finish line, you will be disqualified. You will win nothing. In the event that no one makes it to the finish line, the person who made it the farthest wins.

Prize:

There will only be 1st place in each class. If you win your class you will receive 100% of the entry fees for that class. Ex. If 5 rigs enter the small tire class and 4 rigs enter the large tire class then the fastest person in the small tire class will receive $100 and the large tire class will receive $80. Simple. I MIGHT see about making some neat little trophies or something but I'm pretty lazy so don't count on it.

Spotters:

You are allowed to have a spotter but that spotter is NOT allowed ON the course at any time. The spotter can follow you along the side of the course and communicate with you via handheld radio. We don't need anyone getting run over.

Requirements:

Seatbelts are REQUIRED.
Fire extinguishers are REQUIRED and should be easily accessible by you or spectators.

Disclaimer: Any of the SEC BOD reserves the right to disqualify you for any safety reason they see fit at any time.

IF you plan to participate, please let me know asap. I'm starting a list of participants so I can plan accordingly.

Are there any questions?

FB_IMG_1557745953417.jpg

Back