• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RRC roll call/who's who thread

I'm Rick
Paid member for many years...
Live in Grapevine
Work in Haltom City

I haven't posted much, and really haven't even been lurking around here much lately. But we got the XJ off-road again this summer for the first time in a while. It was a great trip and as always, got me thinking about 'wheeling some more once the heat of summer has passed.

I'll make it a point to lurk around here more often, and if a meet-up materializes this Fall, Winter, or Spring hopefully we'll get to actually see some of y'all on the trail.

I'm Rick
Paid member for many years...
Live in Grapevine
Work in Haltom City

I haven't posted much, and really haven't even been lurking around here much lately. But we got the XJ off-road again this summer for the first time in a while. It was a great trip and as always, got me thinking about 'wheeling some more once the heat of summer has passed.

I'll make it a point to lurk around here more often, and if a meet-up materializes this Fall, Winter, or Spring hopefully we'll get to actually see some of y'all on the trail.

Hey Rick. been some discussions on a fall ride, but nothing's on the books yet.

worst case scenario, couple of us will likely head to Gilmer once it cools down.

Hey, another MWC guy here.
Jeeplas and I now live outside of Kerrville, TX.
Looking for some mild public trails in the Hill Country, anyone ever been to Tree Ranch?

Hey, another MWC guy here.
Jeeplas and I now live outside of Kerrville, TX.
Looking for some mild public trails in the Hill Country, anyone ever been to Tree Ranch?

heard of Trees, never been there. Got Hidden Falls a stone's throw from ya. everything from mild to wild out there. check it out.

Wow, seems I missed the heads up email off all the posts here. Somebody fix a server glitch?

I own down in Houston

Every one escaping to Texas all of a sudden?

My son just bought a Comanche 89 truck up in Oregon, and she decided to be a real bitch and refused to leave. Crank bearings, low pressure crapped out 50 files from he picked up. She is being towed down here any day now. Gonna be a busy fun summer swapping that engine.

I'll be hanging out in the driveway and shop mostly LOL

I’m in the okc area and have a 2000 sport, not a paid member, NOT a paid member of any local club either. Here’s my junk:

4537fc4be0fbaecfe683d03fb09ca20f.jpg
7eceffc6f39f651bd5ce4e4db640e85d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!!!!

New owner to the Jeep/XJ community. Longtime member of several other online forums so I am versed on the wealth of knowledge that exists here ��. This may not be the right spot but wanted to start here, any indy mechanics in the D/FW metroplex that could help me diagnose a front end wandering issue? I'm sure it will be asked but YES I've searched the forums and replaced EVERY single component and checked all angle settings including 2 steering boxes and this thing still has a 1-2" back and forth play in the steering wheel. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Howdy guys, new xj owner in Chandler, Oklahoma (near OKC). Working on making my '95 2dr 2wd a 4wd hunting/camping rig.

Welcome! Good to see more Okies on the board. I'm over in Muskogee.

Thanks! You aren't too far out there, me and the in-laws were just in Muskogee 2 weeks ago enjoying some of your greenery. Have you ever checked out the Gruber Off Road Park in your area?

Thanks! You aren't too far out there, me and the in-laws were just in Muskogee 2 weeks ago enjoying some of your greenery. Have you ever checked out the Gruber Off Road Park in your area?

Yes! Gruber is great for a day trip. It is 500 acres I believe so reasonably sized but nothing like some ORV parks. There is a really cool bluff on the Arkansas river but some of the mud holes to get to it are getting to be so deep you need 44's to pass. There are some cool trails appropriate for typical Jeeps and there are usually several people out on any given weekend. It has a facebook page that is the best place for info. There aren't too many other places around that I know of but let me know if you know of any.

What's happening folks?

We have a new family member, A 1989 Comanche Squaw LOL, My son's new girl friend from Oregon.

5.5" lift, looks like new, getting a new heart, (4.0 engine) Transplant. Using the solid engine from the 89 Rolled and dragged on the freeway rig from 5 years ago.

Back