• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Flange

mgrabow

NAXJA Forum User
So I purchased some so called "direct fit" exhaust parts. The walker 53440 front pipe that crosses over from one side of the truck to the other has some odd 3-hole flange on it. I had a Magnaflow universal cat already boy the standard 3-hole flange adaptors don't match up to the walker flange.

I can weld a standard flange on the walker pipe or try to find or make a 3-hole adaptor for my universal cat. Anyone know what this walker flange is called?

So I purchased some so called "direct fit" exhaust parts. The walker 53440 front pipe that crosses over from one side of the truck to the other has some odd 3-hole flange on it. I had a Magnaflow universal cat already boy the standard 3-hole flange adaptors don't match up to the walker flange.

I can weld a standard flange on the walker pipe or try to find or make a 3-hole adaptor for my universal cat. Anyone know what this walker flange is called?

So what year XJ do you have? Cause that is a '00 or '01 pipe. Thinking for a build date of after 1/00. Not sure about that though. I am aware of an Walker adapter to put a slip on muffler behind the stock rear cat but not one to connect that down pipe to a slip on cat.

its a 00 xj. Rather than welding a standard 3 hole flange onto the exhaust pipe I would prefer to weld up a flange to the front of the cat. If I could just find this odd ass flange I would be all set.

its a 00 xj. Rather than welding a standard 3 hole flange onto the exhaust pipe I would prefer to weld up a flange to the front of the cat. If I could just find this odd ass flange I would be all set.

If I understand you correctly I have never seen an adapter that will match the flange at the end of that down pipe. Only thing that comes to mind is you finding an '00 in the boneyard with the rear cat on it and stealing the front flange off that.
Problems I picture trying to do that are pretty sure a boneyard can't sell a used cat. Even if you had an in chances are they were already removed for scrap cause of their worth so finding one could be difficult. Not to mention if that idea would even work.

Naturally, the simplest solution is to buy a direct fit cat. Otherwise, find a mating flange, or a matched pair of flanges, from someplace like Summit ( https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/exhaust-flanges? ) and install them both, or stop by your local exhaust shop, they will either have what you want, or will be able to fabricate something that will work.

Last edited:
Hit an exhaust shop. They can cut n weld a new flange. Take your old pipe if you have it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back