• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aluminum head

Skullver

Still Flailing
Well taking my 2000 xj classic head off , suspect it is cracked(casting 0331). Just wondering if any one has experience with Hesco aluminum heads. Is it worth it? Pros/cons. I am reluctant to put another iron head on but at over $1k aluminum head is expensive to say the least. I appreciate all your opinions as I am pretty ignorant at this point to these type of mods.

They're still pretty new, and I've not heard much yet. I'm trying to get info from HESCO to publish here.

HESCO has some discussion boards up, and there's a few goodies up there as well. Nothing seriously technical (I'd like to be able to run the head in sims,) but you might find a few things in there.

5-90

Skullvarian said:
Well taking my 2000 xj classic head off , suspect it is cracked(casting 0331). Just wondering if any one has experience with Hesco aluminum heads. Is it worth it?

IMO, I don't think the Hesco aluminium head is worth the $1300+ expense. Buy a good used 7120 iron head, port it, and you'll have a head that flows nearly as well as Hesco's for a lot less dinero. Any competent DIY mechanic can port a head using simple hand tools. Here's my write-up:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/head.html

Back