• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nice day

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Good excuse to borrow the daughters TJ, drop the top and to go out cruising errr, out to get some needed stuff, couple cans of power blaster, couple of Mobil oil filters, can of mobil 1 atf, etc. Some good blackfoot and molly hatchet, little jefferson airplane, some steppenwolf, big grin plastered on my face. Yup, it's a good day.... :sunshine:

Beautiful day here too. Sun is out, only a mild breeze. Just got back from a nice oceanside drive to the marine parts store. They have the best toys to modify boats and trucks, and its time to get the boat ready for summer. Wife's wondering why I went to get boat parts and came back with stuff for the Jeep. :D

You know...half the people on this board aren't gonna know what a blackfoot, jefferson airplane, or a molly hatchet are......yah damn hippie! :D

Lou said:
You know...half the people on this board aren't gonna know what a blackfoot, jefferson airplane, or a molly hatchet are......yah damn hippie! :D

Yea, lotta people, kids, make snide comments and think rapping is the rage, sheesh, it was debra harry of blondie that did the first rap song.... :laugh3: and that was back in 78-79 or so... rapture...

I love driving my CJ5 on days like this. All open, no top. Just plan and simple and have so much fun doing it.

RichP said:
Good excuse to borrow the daughters TJ, drop the top and to go out cruising errr, out to get some needed stuff, couple cans of power blaster, couple of Mobil oil filters, can of mobil 1 atf, etc. Some good blackfoot and molly hatchet, little jefferson airplane, some steppenwolf, big grin plastered on my face. Yup, it's a good day.... :sunshine:

I think it's a nice day here too, but I am stuck inside ,at work :mad:

Yeah - good day for windows down and "Man on the Siver Mountain." Follow that up with some old James Gang, and maybe a little Ramones just for fun.

Gawd, I feel old sometimes! It's nice to hear from people around here who know the same words to the same songs - going to college after you've been away for a while results in one dating oneself severely...

5-90

It's been a windows-down, Ramones / Devo / Sex Pistols kinda day here, with a little Van Halen and Iron Maiden thrown in for variety... Oh, and Flogging Molly, which is great for confusing the hell out of people at the stoplight :D

I love blackfoot and cant stand rap. some kid i am. nice day here...i wish. its to damn hot

5-90 said:
Yeah - good day for windows down and "Man on the Siver Mountain." Follow that up with some old James Gang, and maybe a little Ramones just for fun.

Gawd, I feel old sometimes! It's nice to hear from people around here who know the same words to the same songs - going to college after you've been away for a while results in one dating oneself severely...

5-90
Been a while since I listened to James Gang, I think I'm gonna have to break out the old records...

its been a windows down, 50 cent/snoop and dre/tupac kinda day here. you old geezers wouldnt understand. :p

Beej said:
Been a while since I listened to James Gang, I think I'm gonna have to break out the old records...
I think Stan Ridgeway sang it best...
"Three miles down the highway in a chevy 69 is a crazy set of eyeballs jumping left and right in time to an 8 track tape playing Foghat and Jethro Tull."........

Last edited:
DrMoab said:
Frank Zappa? Well that explains a lot. Crazy Canadians.
Were not all nuts. We have our left coasters too!
I didn't quite get that either.

Now, let's see.....will it be the Central Scrutinizer or maybe Purple Sofa.

Last edited:
casm said:
Oh, and Flogging Molly, which is great for confusing the hell out of people at the stoplight :D

Hey...they're coming to Saint Louis on May 25. I'll be there.

I find the best for confusingpeople is deffenitly Rammstien. Nothing like German metal to get some stange looks. Nowadays anthing but rap comeingfrom a teenagers car is strange. Early Metallica gets the same effect :)
-Steve D

RichP said:
Yea, lotta people, kids, make snide comments and think rapping is the rage, sheesh, it was debra harry of blondie that did the first rap song.... :laugh3: and that was back in 78-79 or so... rapture...
Well, that's partly right.....
She was the first white woman to do a rap song.
There's a reason there haven't been any since.

Back