• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierrafest 2014 picture / trip report thread

knucklehead 61

NAXJA Forum User
post up pics & :NAXJA: trip reports here. :cheers:

any news from the runicon group yet?
i'm headed to deer valley thursday early am.

Madison and I are packed to ready to go this morning after a quick breakfast. We will stop by S. Lake Tahoe to pick up some more petrol, food and ice then off to Hermit Valley.

872014NAXJASierraFestEMAIL1_zps9b47d2dc.jpg

Nice video!

While watching it, my 5 year old, who is on the trail with me a lot, comes over.

Her: What are you watching?
Me: Some Cherokees.
Her: Are they from our campsite?
Me: No, they are in California.
Her: Oh, they are in a rock garden.

Then she walks away. I just think it is cool that my 5 year old can recognize a rock garden.

I'm looking forward to more pics and videos!

Just got home. No breaks, no issues that kept me from making the 1,063 mile round trip. The Con was awesome!

Zabthecherk, thanks for sharing the video. It was good meeting you and your dad.
Glad we wheeled out on Tuesday, good times. Glad you did all the high lifting and not me.
Good luck with college.
John aka twinhauler

Left camp at 4 am and got home a short 7 hours later. Huge thanks to Tim and Eric for helping me get off Slickrock after being reduced to one-wheel drive.

Made it out without any real damage. Many thank to the SC Board for putting it all together and Mark for grilling up some great cheese sandwiches.

Took Madison home and changes the AC compressor out for the bypass Josh, The Weirdo, loaned me. Thank you Josh it was a life saver just like you said it would be.

I'll post some picture soon.

Left DV with Mark and headed to San Jose. Was an uneventful trip while driving in 4hi. Didnthis so i could be fwd and utilize my 4.88s. We stayed at marks for awhile hanging out and loaded the sweet roof rack onto my jeep then picked up kitten for the girl friend. Thanks Mark! Left Marks and headed to Salinas and started having weird sounds come from the front. Pulled off the highway and went to vatozone. Bought a fluid pump and filled my tcase. Took a quart of fluid. Installed a rear shaft I scored off some kids going up DV yesterday. Put her back in 2wd and drove to home with 3.55's. Went from 17 mpg to 12 :(

Took Madison home and changes the AC compressor out for the bypass Josh, The Weirdo, loaned me. Thank you Josh it was a life saver just like you said it would be.

Having seen multiple AC compressors fail on trails (yours, Rich's a few years ago on Rubicon, and 2 others) I figured picking up one of those was a good idea.

For anyone who cares - you can get the bypass pulleys on Rockauto for $35. That is pretty cheap insurance against being stranded due to a seized AC clutch or bearing. Dorman P/N 34237 for 1997+ Jeeps.

Back