• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can I find lower rear quarter panel for a 2 door?

Rattle Trap

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1993 2 door Cherokee Sport. The passenger side lower rear quarter panel is very rusted (actually it is almost gone). This seems to be a common problem area with Cherokees. I have tried all the popular after market parts suppliers and have not been able to find one. They are availabe for the 4 door but not the 2 door. All I have been able to find for the 2 door is the entire rear quarter panel which I do not need since the only section I need to replace is the lower part behind the rear wheel. Any advice would be much appreciated.

In front of or behind the rear wheel? If behind, I think 2 and 4 door are the same. In front of the wheel, try to find a suitable 2 door donor in the yard. I have a cordless reciprocating saw (think Sawsall) with which I've cut apart whole chunks of XJ. When I was rebuilding my '92, I brought home whole quarter panels, inner rear fenders, half a front clip, you name it, I cut it. It's a 19.2 Craftsman, cost $49 when I bought it, worth its weight in gold. Of course, I'm lucky to live near a yard that lets you do this kind of stuff...

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking the same thing heyhar. I might just take that trip to the junkyard with the cordless sawsall. I just hope I can find one that is in decent shape. It seems a lot of Cherokees rust in that area. Especially when you live in a state like I do where they salt the roads...The section I need is behind the rear wheel, and it does look very much the same as the 4 door. I really can't see any difference. I might just have to buy the one for the 4 door if I have to and make it fit.

Back