• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Switching Front Seats 4 Door

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
I am not sure what to search for this but I'm not finding anything . I know I've read reports. Anyway I want to switch seats. Will they just slide out toward the front or do I need to do anything else? They slide forward and hit a stop of some kind. I'm old and getting my eyes down there is not easy anymore. Don't laugh young uns, you'll be old someday too!

The frame seat bases are different on each side. You'd have to keep the tracks on the original side since the belt buckles are connected to the track. The track unbolts from the seat base. Although they are different, they might fit. The seat-back angle adjuster would be difficult to get to. I'm guessing that they bolt up, but they will be shifted too far to one side.

Take a look at a few pics of my seats below:
1702318273_f8f5a47aaa_o.jpg

1702317199_42facb5a10_o.jpg

Thanks, I thought I had read they could just be swapped. I guess not. My drivers side seat padding is shot. Maybe I just need to have new padding installed or go looking for replacement seats.

Back