• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Question

could be that they are aluminum and you have cast rotors, disimiliar metals, take a rubber mallet to them. If you use a reg. sledge hammer be real careful not to hit your wheel. Brought mine in for state inspection and the guy doing it took a sledge to my wheel and broke it. PUTZ!

Thanks for the note, but the answer is no. I still have my stock steel wheels. Changed tires 11k ago at a shop, but did not follow the scheduled 6K rotate and balance. The lug nuts were very tight...
Boris
P.S Sorry for what happened at the state inspection, I would be pissed too

mine are a bitch to get off any time I remove them. try squirting som PB Blaster on the lug and center holes, make sure to clean off any on surface that a brake pad or linning will come in contact with, and hit the wheel, actually tire with a BFH

use a prybar on the back of the wheel. leave one nut on very loose so the wheel dont fly off. just pry from the knuckle to the wheel or some thing like that.

After removing the wheel by any of the above methods,get a can of Anti-sieze and apply to the wheel mounting area.You won,t have the problem again.
Wayne

Back