• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Commander sighting

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
CMT was showing one of the "Coy and Vance" episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard this evening, so I decided to scan channels.

When I got to MTV, a Missy Elliott video was on. There was a Jeep Commander parked in the background behind the dancers.

Cottontail said:
CMT was showing one of the "Coy and Vance" episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard this evening, so I decided to scan channels.

When I got to MTV, a Missy Elliott video was on. There was a Jeep Commander parked in the background behind the dancers.

I thought you were gonna say the B*tch was driving it....I would have lost any remaining respect for DC at that point.

Rev

My mother inlaw said she saw one a few weeks ago. I SAID IT WAS PROBIBLY A Grand but she protested. I don't know? We arn't really that far from Detroit.

scoobyxj said:
My mother inlaw said she saw one a few weeks ago. I SAID IT WAS PROBIBLY A Grand but she protested. I don't know? We arn't really that far from Detroit.

There've been a couple running around out here with manufacturer plates on them. Oddly enough, the two that I saw still had blackouts taped over some of the body panels - doesn't make sense, given that DCX has finalised the design.

I'm reserving judgement on its design until I can see it in the flesh properly.

wow. i saw 1 in Abingdon, VA. today. i've seen some pics and stuff of it before, but it looks pretty wierd(different) in the flesh. kinda like a big xj crossed w/ a dodge in the front, but like a element crossed w/ a grand and something else in the rear. kinda caught me off guard.

xuv-this said:
wow. i saw 1 in Abingdon, VA. today. i've seen some pics and stuff of it before, but it looks pretty wierd(different) in the flesh. kinda like a big xj crossed w/ a dodge in the front, but like a element crossed w/ a grand and something else in the rear. kinda caught me off guard.
We had a guy, with an '06, come in the shop today, trying to get a lift.
Nobody has designed them yet!
Can't wait till the first one we do.
I'll take detailed pics of the install.

A dealer had one on display at the Great American Jeep Rally on Sunday. I'm not impressed. Too much chrome and bling-bling on the interior, and they've now gone beyond just automatic transmissions. Of course you can't buy one with a manual tranny, but now the transfer cases are automatic, too.

They don't even give you an oil pressure gauge or a voltmeter.

NOT a Jeep.

Eagle said:
A dealer had one on display at the Great American Jeep Rally on Sunday. I'm not impressed. Too much chrome and bling-bling on the interior, and they've now gone beyond just automatic transmissions. Of course you can't buy one with a manual tranny, but now the transfer cases are automatic, too.

They don't even give you an oil pressure gauge or a voltmeter.

NOT a Jeep.

That tiptronic trans lets you lock the tranny in any gear, just slap it 3 or 4 times to the left once you put it in gear, shift indicator on the dash tells you want gear your in, it locks up the torque converter too so the thing crawls up and down, acts just like a manual. For a family they are nice especially if you have a spare $45K laying around and burning a hole in your pocket. You could actually buy two well equipped unlimiteds for the price of one or em. I put almost 400 miles on a couple at camp jeep, all off road, bent a couple of them up too...

RichP said:
That tiptronic trans lets you lock the tranny in any gear, just slap it 3 or 4 times to the left once you put it in gear, shift indicator on the dash tells you want gear your in, it locks up the torque converter in 4lo too so the thing crawls up and down, acts just like a manual. For a family they are nice especially if you have a spare $45K laying around and burning a hole in your pocket. You could actually buy two well equipped unlimiteds for the price of one or em. I put almost 400 miles on a couple at camp jeep, all off road, bent a couple of them up too...

Haha i tought they would be all over the place by now. We have already sold about 10 at my dealership. I had to work on one today. I didnt like them at first, but I really got to say, I want one.

I have a family member who has a home in utah, and she is buying the diesel Commander. I cant wait to "borrow" it to tow.

Driving through Wyoming all week I have seen truck after truck after truck loaded full of them heading west. I dunno why they aren't on the trains but I bet I have passed at least 150 of them on trucks.

puke.

I just saw three car carriers full of them leaving the new plant yesterday on my way to work. I thought they looked okay, but as Eagle pointed out--way too much chrome and bling. Not a single one out of all three carriers was chromeless. Such a shame.

Scrappy said:
Haha i tought they would be all over the place by now. We have already sold about 10 at my dealership. I had to work on one today. I didnt like them at first, but I really got to say, I want one.

I have a family member who has a home in utah, and she is buying the diesel Commander. I cant wait to "borrow" it to tow.
they are only listed as having a V6 or one of 2 V8's anybody seen or heard of a diesel commander or is it the diesel Liberty?

when DC used my hotel to host a function showing off their new Toys to their investors and other important people, they had two commanders on hand as well as a whole line of rubis and some CRD libs...., anyway one of the two commanders had "diesel" printed really neat like on the lower right rear corner of the cargo door where the "V8" used to be on the grands...unfortunalty i work the graveyard shift and all the vehicles where locked so my veiwing pleasure was a hands off experience.....suck........... i still dont like em though....
Maier

mind you GM was at the hotel this week and their junk makes some of the jeep stuff look good........... imho

My Jeep dealer has 2 sitting on their lot for over a month now. I went in to test drive but they were both the 3.7 V6 so I didn't bother. The salesman said they'd have the hemi version sometime in Oct. So I'll go back then. The commander will probably be my next ride, in about a year and a half. Diesel would be awesome, it's not listed as an option though.

Okie Terry said:
We had a guy, with an '06, come in the shop today, trying to get a lift.
Nobody has designed them yet!
now that's downright funny. anybody know what kinda suspension/runnin' gear they have?

xuv-this said:
now that's downright funny. anybody know what kinda suspension/runnin' gear they have?
Look under a new Grand and you'll know. The only difference, from what I've read, is the Commander uses softer springs.

Back