• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction 6in

xj joey

NAXJA Forum User
anyone running this lift? the installation instructions say it requires welding... i didnt think that u had to. an any pics of the mounting points for the arms?

I've been running this lift for roughly 5 months. I don't recall any welding? I'd go look at the truck, but it's in the shop at the moment.

I believe the only welding "required" is the sway bar extensions on the axle side, not a bad idea to weld the control arm brackets onto the unibody but by no means required. You will really like the ride, good stuff. Let me know if you need any more detailed pics.
ft8.jpg

barillms said:
Holy loss of ground clearance batman!
holy original statement, I would rather have 1.5" less ground clearance than a poorly handling rig, to each his own I guess. You had to beat this debate back from the dead why???

Last edited:
Personally I'm alittle afraid of welding onto the frame. You really don't need weld with the FT kit other than the sway bar extensions which has already been said. BTW you will need to do this, running without them is scary. The ride is excellent and gets better the faster you go. I've heard other lift kits preform better in the rocks, (better axel droop, more ground clearance, ect) so if that is what you plan to do, you may want to check out those other lifts. However, if you want a very stable DD with a 6" lift, or are into desert racing/ prerunning stuff, this is the one to get.

i got the lift, wheels, tires, sye, driveshaft, an some time so its little late to change lifts. looks like im going to have some rock slider an skid plate mods to do now. they bolt right where the control arm bracket is. thanks for the info guys and thanks for the pic!!!

looks like ill just have to upgrade to there crossmember and skidplate. this is going to be my DD as well but will for sure be getting beat every weekend on the trail.

Taken from their site. Note No welding required.

Jeep XJ Cherokee

6" Long Arm Suspension System

Our competition is not ready for this system, but your JEEP XJ is. Our off-road race winning 6” long arm lift for Jeep™ XJ models is a complete replacement suspension system. It utilizes 4 leading link front axle mounting for a true and correct caster curve throughout the entire range of linear wheel travel. Other systems using radius arms, medium length arms called “long arms” and the rest can’t match it’s performance.

For the rear axle, we offer a complete replacement leaf spring assembly. The result, is performance unmatched by other systems in both on & off road wheel travel and axle articulation. This system offers hard core rockcrawling performance from a system that rides and steers BETTER than stock. Do you drive your XJ daily? You now can without compromised handling.

You want tough? All components in this suspension system are built for maximum off road punishment. We construct our lower leading control arm assemblies of 2” x .250” wall DOM tubing for serious rock dragging strength, and 1/4” plate laser crafted bracketry throughout. No welding required to install. Fits up to 32-33" tires with minor modification or 35" tall tires with aftermarket fender flares.

i read that. but what they dont post is the instructions where they tell u to weld a couple things. i have the lift already and have read the instructions. they said it worked for to different kits so i thought maybe it was not for mine. guess ill see when i install the kit.

i have the kit also the only things to weld are sway bar extension like skullvarian said also skull is that the fulltraction skid???

Back