• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labor Day TOR Run anyone?

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
I anyone from the Nashville area going to go to Monteagle on the Labor Day run with Tennessee Off Road?

I'd like to drive, but until Cottontail isn't my DD anymore, she is on the shelf.

So, if anyone would like a co-driver for Sunday I'm volunteering.

Hope to see everyone there.

Without expressing too many personal feelings or going into too much detail I would have to say be very leary of that ride. In case you didn't know, Tennessee Off Road isn't the outfit that it used to be. Dan, Todd, and Brent are all long gone. The guys working there now have never put on a ride like this. They have little trail experience, and worst of all, they have never been to Monteagle as of one week ago. They have no idea where the trails are, what trails are off limits, and how difficult the trails are. They have conned MTTR into helping them for the sake of not making the sensitive situations in Monteagle any worse for those of us who actually care about the area. Other than that there really isn't much organization to the whole ride at all. I'm sure it will be a nightmare for those looking to just ride. I just hope they don't do anyting to get anymore trails up there shut down. If you end up going don't expect anything like the old TOR Roundups, those days are long gone.

Well, I guess I'll pass on that ride then.

Thanks for the info Wes. I had to get out of active jeepin' temporarily, but am back now. I'm looking forward to wheeling with you again, and getting some new mods on ole Cottontail.

By the way, have you heard from or seen Chuck lately. His XJ was for sale a few months ago at a lot here in Franklin and I haven't been able to reach him since.

Hey Dirk, i haven't been able to find Chuck either. I thought about this ride, since i really want to do some wheelin', but I guess I'll skip it too.

Wes, I talked to Doug last week, and he said they had permission to ride. They were going to work on routes over a 2000 acre area. They were supposed to go with a group last weekend that knew the trails, to mark them for the TOR ride. What's up?

Greddy

xjaddiction said:

Wes, I talked to Doug last week, and he said they had permission to ride. They were going to work on routes over a 2000 acre area. They were supposed to go with a group last weekend that knew the trails, to mark them for the TOR ride. What's up?

Greddy

Yes, TOR has permission to ride on the land they lease and the land that is normally riden on, that's it. It's the miles of closed trails and local-land-owner-permission-only trails that worry me. What people refer to as "Monteagle" isn't one "park" or one big area of trials, it's a system of trails that are scattered all over three counties. What is refered to as "Montealge" is really diverse. If you don't know where you are or what you're doing then you can cause problems for everyone. Like you said, they only went to one trial last weekend, they expect to lead multiple rides all over the area, what does that tell you? They don't know what they are getting in to. They have advertised a ride and have confirmed like 70 people. What they haven't planned on is all the people who have heard about the ride and will just show up expecting to ride. This will surely include people who know where the closed trails are and will ruin things for everyone. This single ride could close the whole are down, plain and simple, due to the ignorance of few. E-mail me and I'll fill you in on more if you're intersted.

Wes

Back