• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket radiator

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
I need some input on some good aftermarket aluminum radiators for my 95 XJ. I have already put in a hesco hi flow water pump, bored out t-housing, 160 degree thermostat, new temp sensor, new relays etc. AND ITS STILL RUNNING HOT!!
So my next move is a new radiator and while im at it i figured id get a be-cool flow aluminum radiator or whatever you guys can reccomend for me.
LINKS would be a great help!!!!!!

Get a CSF from Dirk....and ditch the 160 t stat

DeftwillP said:

Do you have the link to the CSF from dirk????

And why should i ditch the 160 stat?? They have a 180 and stock is 195 so why wouldnt the 160 run the motor cooler??????

Modine makes a 2-core, and GDI makes a 3-core. Both are good.

A lower degree thermostat will prevent the engine from reaching proper operating temperature in a reasonable amount of time from startup, and it won't aid in cooling once the engine reaches overheating temperatures. The maximum heat transfer from the cooling system is limited by the surface area of the radiator and the flow rate of the water pump. I don't feel like going into a treatise on thermodynamics, heat transfer, and control theory...

also,you might get your cooling system professionally flushed. if your radiator is not leaking, it sounds gunked up. if it is, changing a radiator would not be a good idea, because there is still gunk in the water jacket in the block. if this gets flushed out, then the whole system will be like brand new.

BIG-G said:
Does anybody here have any links to an aftermarket radiator or something better then stock???????????? PLEASE

A genuine Modine 2 core is the problem solver. You won't be disappointed.

Here's a trick... take your steroid needle and inject some water wetter into the cooling system through the upper radiator hose. It should come naturally to you, muscle boi.

Lawn Cher' said:
Here's a trick... take your steroid needle and inject some water wetter into the cooling system through the upper radiator hose. It should come naturally to you, muscle boi.

I would but im not using my roids for anything else then me!

DeftwillP said:

I just got that radiator from Dirk at DPGOFFROAD.COM and put it in my daughter's '97 as it was overheating. It was an easy replacement and really dropped the temp down. Good thing as we are going to Moab next week where it is 105 degrees.

The two row is less prone to clogging and build up. Becool and griffin both make aluminum as well as some others. Modine is no longer *just* modine, they were bought out by another manufacturer that I can't remember the name of off hand but it's a bigger outfit so buying a modine straight out might be an issue. The one I just bought came in a blank box but it's a modine, I recognize it because it had two threaded plugs in the tranny holes.

modine got bought out by of all companies GDI, which as far as im concerned, suck.

and also i believe that the BeCool will not fit the 4.0. This is what i was told from the reps at the company. But you may want to double check.

And the 3 core rads plug up to fast.

So thereyou have it, hope this makes you decision easier.

Dingo

i put a csf 3 row in my 89 and i didnt the open conversion at the same time my 4.7 stroker went in.
I drove from central cali over and thru the grapevine to sandiego and i HAD to have the heater on AND the e-fan on the whole time to make the temp to where I considered it a safe temp for a 3+ thousand dollar motor.
Im not sure WTF is going on, but i dont think the csf is the so called "magic" rad that alot of people are making it out to be.

I had the same issues with my stroker, put in the Modine 2 core, and I am hard pressed to get it to run over 190.

3 cores are notorious for clogging quickly. That was my problem with the GDI. I hope GDI doesn't screw up Modine.

frsno jeeper said:
i put a csf 3 row in my 89 and i didnt the open conversion at the same time my 4.7 stroker went in.
I drove from central cali over and thru the grapevine to sandiego and i HAD to have the heater on AND the e-fan on the whole time to make the temp to where I considered it a safe temp for a 3+ thousand dollar motor.
Im not sure WTF is going on, but i dont think the csf is the so called "magic" rad that alot of people are making it out to be.

frsno jeeper said:
Amen to that on the CSF 3-row.

Not happy with mine either.

Fergie

Fergie said:
Amen to that on the CSF 3-row.

Not happy with mine either.

Fergie

X2, or 3 somethin like that

Dingo

Anybody try a griffin aluminum rad ?

Back