• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok, someone has got to have the Full Traction kit by now?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Anyone? Quality? Actual lift height?

I read the article in JP a month ago, but I want to hear real responses.

Search for Capt. Nemo. He has it and posted recently with pics and an overview.

Dirk Pitt said:
Search for Capt. Nemo. He has it and posted recently with pics and an overview.

Damn missed it.

Thanks.

I've been trying to post pics forever, but my computer illiteracy holds me back. Here's my yahoo photo album link so you can check out some pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/muddyjeep1. If you would like any more info, email me. I've got about 1,100 miles on the kit and loving it. I'll be real world testing it in June on the Rubicon...

Damn that looks like a solid kit... what size are the tires you are running with it?

drivers_side_static.jpg

Those are 35's

Capt. Nemo said:
I've been trying to post pics forever, but my computer illiteracy holds me back. Here's my yahoo photo album link so you can check out some pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/muddyjeep1. If you would like any more info, email me. I've got about 1,100 miles on the kit and loving it. I'll be real world testing it in June on the Rubicon...
one question; did you feel like more of a man holding that heim in your hand?

that's what, a 1.25"?

looks like a good system

I cant find a price on it anywhere, what did it cost you?

Oh yea, is it possable to just buy the crossmember and the arms?

Contact Dirk at DPG Offroad for a price quote.

The kit utilizes the stock crossmember, and incorporates its ultra beefy bracketry. I don't think they sell the brackets and long arms seperately.

Tera Flex offers the longarms and braqckets as an add-on kit.

JeepinAudiophile said:
Tera Flex offers the longarms and braqckets as an add-on kit.
But Tera's kit only has lower arms. Long lowers and short uppers can f**k up the axle travel.

The surprising comment lacking from this thread having seen the pictures is:

"Oh my god, could they have possibly engineered in any greater loss of clearance at the frame end?"

I am thinking the answer is "NO".

you beat me to it... i guess that is the cheapest and easiest way to make a bolt on LA kit.

the going rate for those are around $1600 give or take a few.. not bad for bolt on, but looking at it I think I will just get DB's and be done. At least the lost in clearance is closer to the axle/tire.

Those are some HD arms and joints though.

poppabear said:
you beat me to it... i guess that is the cheapest and easiest way to make a bolt on LA kit.

the going rate for those are around $1600 give or take a few.. not bad for bolt on, but looking at it I think I will just get DB's and be done. At least the lost in clearance is closer to the axle/tire.

Those are some HD arms and joints though.

What is the DB kit??

i have the kit too. i beleive the new kits come with a bend in the lower arms to help tire rubbing over all i love my lift ultra beefy and well designed.
few things about the lift if you get it first off i would replace any of the nuts they give with nylock or nut/lockwasher (the ones they give are locknuts wich have a slight tweak on the last few threads to stop them from backing off but they can mess up the treads.) also the instructions are a little lame but if you have any skills it shouldn't be a prob.

o yea i got mine from dpg for around 1500 i beleive

Back