• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil spring question

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Found a wrecked V-8 ZJ and the coils are there so I'm gonna take them, how do you get them off both the ZJ and the XJ? The fronts are the ones I want right? I kinda figured about lifting the front of the vehicle and letting the wheels droop but what else?

At a minimum, you'll have to disconnect the front swaybar, shocks, and trackbar, then jack up the opposite side to the one you are pulling/installing the spring. Don't forget the clip holding the spring on the bottom mount. Prybars and extra hands help.

Fred

First off, if you don't know how to take them off, the only way to learn is to do it. With that said, do the ZJ in the junk yard first. Then your XJ should go a little easier. (hopefully) Yes, it's the fronts you want. HTH!

Dan.

<edit> And what Fred said above.

Are you only looking for about 2" of lift? That's appx what those springs will net you. A tad more if it has the Up Country suspension package. Should be decent, flexy springs though.

Jared

PS - I always remove the lower control arms from the axle to remove the coils. It allows the axle to droop FAR.

Back