• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley 12/18/2010

jonesinxj

NAXJA Forum User
This was a great trip, we had nickguy and bendiesel along with the JK NW group up at walker today. All in all there was about 10 rigs. Carnage was very light, we has on JK that busted a axle ujoint and a few other scrapes and dents for a few other rigs. I ended up blowing out a rear shock (it was expected.)

To start off the day Ben and his friend Chris met me at the Rest stop just past smokey joint, from there we rallied up to walker, but shortly after the exit off of I5 the law decided I was going a little too fast:wave1:. Thankfully he was in great spirits and let me go with a warning.

Once we arrived at the staging area, we all prepped our rigs and we off to upper mainline trail. We decided to take the rockface route and thats where things went a bit south and we lost a ujoint. Nobody attempted the first rock as it was really dug out this time, so we all went around that part and did the upper part of the face. The rest of upper mainline was fairly uneventful. We hit twisted tree trail and ran into a few lifted Subi's.
At last we ended up at lower expressway,the first obstical was definately alot of fun with all the slop making things very interesting. Once we got back on the main road, most of the group had left us. At the very end 4 of us decided to take the last leg of lower main line. And WOW it was to say the least one of the funnest trails I have been on in some time, every turn seemed to have a root ball or tree trunk sticking out waiting to catch a window, luckily the remaining 4 got thru the trail unscathed.

All in all it was a amazing trip, I got to experience parts of walker I have never seen and parts I never want to see again:laugh2:

Since I forgot my camera battery I am waiting for some of the other group to post links to pictures and videos and I will update as I can.:wave1:

Last edited:
Here's just a couple shots that I have had a chance to snag.:)

Bradmakingitlookeasyopen.jpg
[/IMG]
Hemadeit.jpg

MikesbadassCJ.jpg

sexy.jpg

Trentposing.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

And WOW it was to say the least one of the funnest trails I have been on in some time...

All in all it was a amazing trip, I got to experience parts of walker I have never seen and parts I never want to see again:laugh2:
It's always a great feeling when you get through a trail or make it up an obstacle that had you doubting yourself the whole way through. Yet when you get through it, you're already itching to run it again.

Sounds like it was a fun day. :thumbup:

Now all we need is more XJ's to be out there.

ya it was definatly alot of fun. got some good vids gona work on them tomorrow, but for now some picts.
imag0150m.jpg

imag0151w.jpg

imag0154q.jpg

imag0157ia.jpg

imag0158i.jpg

imag0159l.jpg

imag0161p.jpg

imag0162.jpg

imag0164d.jpg

img20101218101641.jpg

img20101218101907.jpg

img20101218102342.jpg

img20101218104813.jpg

img20101218105456.jpg

img20101218111203.jpg

img20101218111213.jpg

img20101218112227.jpg

img20101218112234.jpg

img20101218112525.jpg

img20101218120624.jpg

img20101218121315.jpg

img20101218121424.jpg

img20101218121624.jpg

img20101218121653.jpg

img20101218122108.jpg

img20101218134416.jpg

img20101218135709.jpg

img20101218143033.jpg
img20101218152950.jpg

Thanks for posting up pictures Ben!! Definately had a great time. Glad you and Chris got your first real offroad experience today! Now hurry up building your rig, so you can learn to drive it

Looks like you guys had fun. Were the Cherokees running with Lockers? Just wondering why you needed a tug over that rock (?).

Looks like you guys had fun. Were the Cherokees running with Lockers? Just wondering why you needed a tug over that rock (?).

Yeah my rear LSD needs a rebuild. The strap was to just to keep me in place so I didnt slide any further right and flop. Plus Im still fairly new to takin my rig out so the more wheel time I have the more I will know my rig and its capabilities.:wave1:

Those were some awesome vids Ben, I really wish Chris would have kept on taking video of the last trail.

It's always a great feeling when you get through a trail or make it up an obstacle that had you doubting yourself the whole way through. Yet when you get through it, you're already itching to run it again.

Sounds like it was a fun day. :thumbup:

Now all we need is more XJ's to be out there.

Dustin,

absolutely, im still peeved I didnt make it up the last part of the rock face without a little help, I blame my LSD and the need of more tread.:laugh3:

On the XJ part, I tried getting more xj's up on this trip, but with being the weekend before xmas and a couple rigs that are out of commission right now, it just wasnt in the cards for this trip.

Regardless, this was the best trip I have been on to date with my rig. Cant wait to do it again, next year is going to be a blast

Glad you guys had a good time. I should have gone to walker instead of the xmas tree run. Turns out my tabs were expired so I got a ticket going through south Mt. Vernon (would have missed that going to Walker). Also, the snow/tree run was kinda limited, we stopped about 1/4 mile after most of the group put chains on, then we got passed by a guy in a stock tundra. Oh well.

Hey keep working on the upper rock face it can be done on 31s w/ a LSD and a spartan locker. See near end of this video for proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eezHAIeOe2M

sure i think. not sure though lol. only been there once. seemed like most the really hard stuff had a bypass

John,

I know the rock face can be done, I just missed the line and the spotter I had has never been up that part of the trail before. After watching the video, I see that I just needed to be further to the right, so my driver side tire missed the section that kept pushing me over to the left.

As far as the root ball on Lower main line, yes someone did make a bypass.

Back