• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

maybe the death wobble

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i searched and think it may be the dreaded death wobble but....

i did a 3" lift a few weeks back and put on 31"s a week ago and tonight i went and played around (mud,trails)so i haven't had a problem till now i am confused

i left and got back on the road and at about 45-50 it wobbled and quit when i was over 50 and below 45 i havent looked under the truck and i gotta head to work early and wont be able to look till tommorow night so i was wondering if anyone had this problem after a similar situation??

p.s.-i ordered a tcd this morning before this happened and a new trac bar

please help
thanks

You said you played in the mud. When I used to, I would experience the same deal as you. I had so much mud caked on one of the front tires, especially on the inside of one. I pressure washed it, and the wobble went away.

Id look for that first, then go from there.

If you think you may have death wobble...

YOU DON'T!

Clean the mud off the wheels.

thanks i love you guys

im sorry i will crawl back into my dark hole and pretend like nothing happened

i will post some pics

death wobble isnt called DEATH wobble for fun and games. it doesnt just shimmy. it starts to wobble then gets proggresively worse in a matter of about 2 seconds until your whole front end jerks around insanely fast and if you look out your window while its happening its CRAZY!!!
i get it a lot a lot. tighten down your trackbar every once and a while and tighten your upper and lower control arms and lug nuts because they might want to shimmy right out and you could lose your wheel like me... :D
go to www.google.com and type: death wobble click on the first one and read the whole thing.
hope this helps
-Ryan

aaaahhhh crap!! why didnt i think of the good ol' 5 pounds of mud gathering in one spot on your rim and throwing it off balance like crazy.
scrape it all off and ul be all good

this is what the wheels look like i dont have the action pics yet

2252584_31_full.jpg

2252584_32_full.jpg

2252584_33_full.jpg

Yea, you need to clean those rims and inside of your tires off, not to mention the steering too.

Dirt said:
If you think you may have death wobble...

YOU DON'T!
Perfectly put.
There is no such thing as, "I might have DW"
If it happens you WILL know it.

o this was a shaking the ash tray open and the cd's out of my visor holder and the front end was almost hopping and i had the death grip on the wheel and it was all better when i washed it today

has anyone had a problem with there tranny leaking at a higher RPM?? its not my front or rear seal or my pan gasket any body else had this

thanks

Back