• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parking lights and turn signals

Mudd Digga

NAXJA Forum User
Ok my left parking/turn signal doesn't work so I got a new bulb. That still did not work so I bought a voltage tester to make sure it was getting power and it gets power. Both bulbs I tried work in the right turn signal so they are good bulbs. I cleaned the contacts in the socket and it STILL does not work so I'm puzzled.

The spring loaded base is either stuck down or broken. With power to the bulb off (or you could blow the fuse), take something like a straight pin, and try to get the base to free up. It is spring loaded and needs to push up against the bulb. Sometimes the spring disintegrates and you need to replace the socket. Maybe the wire behind it is pulling the base down and holding it back.

Woot..ok parking light is fixed. The ground wire was disconnected from the contact inside the socket. We wired a ground wire to the contact and re-routed it back to the original ground wire that was already grounded. We just had to bypass the part of the wire that was no longer connected on the inside to the contact.

Back