• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper what color to paint?

Xjforme

NAXJA Forum User
I've orderd a jcr offroad bumper for my 00 xj, which is white. The bumper is unfished and I've been going back and forth weather to paint the bumper the same color as the cherokee (white) or paint it black? It the xj is the sport edition and has the end caps are black on the rear bumper and the door handles and top rack are black. Also the fender flares are the color of the xj.

Mine's already painted - I didn't have to ask the masses for their opinions about it either. Keep that crap over at JU.

My vote's for a super shade of

rainbow.gif

A "constructive answer?" Brother, if you're in the market for constructive answers, you really should ask constructive questions. Asking about the feasability of mods, or troubleshooting - those are constructive questions.

Selecting a colour? That's a personal choice - and you can (and should!) paint your bumper whatever colour you damn well please. I do offer one suggestion - that "white" you've got on there already is only a primer, cover it with something.

Oh - I've got a tested (and registered...) IQ of well over 50, so does that meet your criterion?

5-90

paint it black, easy to touch up and it will look fine too

Xjforme said:
It would be nice to get a really answer from someone who has a higher IQ then 50

If you are going to trash on someones IQ you really should proof-read your posts!

Paint it white.

Kejtar said:
camo pattern with aquamarine, lavender, yellow and bright orange :D

Perfect for an assault on West Hollywood :D

Smartarsery aside, I vote for black for all the same reasons as everyone else who recommended black did. Duplicolor bedliner *is* tougher than paint, FWIW.

Back