• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter nominations..........

WesternXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Wow, has it already been 2 years? Time flies when yer havin' fun. :D

We need to make nominations for the next Sierra Chapter BOD.

Mine are:

Jes for Pres
SeanP for VP
Lee E. for Sec/Tres.

WesternXJ said:
Wow, has it already been 2 years? Time flies when yer havin' fun. :D

We need to make nominations for the next Sierra Chapter BOD.

Mine are:

Jes for Pres
SeanP for VP
Lee E. for Sec/Tres.

Uhhhhhh .....Is that my name there?
If it is let me know some details :D

Some of us newer guys - or me at least - probably need to meet a few more people before we can make nominations. When do nominations need to be in by?

Who I am.

My name is Jesse Rivers, I'm a carpenter and live and work in San Francisco. I've been Sierra Chapter Vice Pres for the last two years.
In that time I have contributed to several land use issues including spending my time picking up garbage(and human waste :puke: ) on the Rubicon and more recently devoted my time to FOTR work weekends in June and August.
I have trail crewed at the last two CA4WDC Winter Fun Fests and lead the extreme run this year in January. I organized the July Rubicon run this year which was a great sucsess and also put together the Show-N-Shine at this year's NAXJA Fall Fling in Moab, Utah.
Also, I came up with a design for a Sierra Chapter logo some time ago and was hoping someone would come up with a place to print them.
Logo.gif

For next year I was hoping that we could put on a big NAXJA Rubicon run in early august.
The Sierra Chapter forum is by far the most used chapter forum if you look at posts and threads but this year at times I have received very little help from chapter members and that is discouraging. Those that have helped me thanks, and you know who you are. ;)
So, for those that don't know me that is who I am and what I have done for NAXJA and the Sierra Chapter in the last two years.
I hope some of you can find time to contribute in the near future and look forward to seeing you all on the trail.
Thanks.

Jes
NAXJA Member#293

I vote Jes for Pres. :patriot:

The exposure he receives and the contributions he makes to the 4x4 community, obviously show his commitment to the sport. I think he'd be a big plus to the Sierra Chapter.

Whats up Keven aren't you an incumbant runner? :D Seriously you have done a great job, are you wanting to pass the torch?

Jes would be a great pres, He is kind of a poser but hey you can't have everything :)

If we got Sean P in there does that mean he would have to go wheeling with us?:D

Why would you want somebody with a nickname with Lazy in it as an officer?:D

On a more serious note.

I would like to Nominate Chuck as Sec/Tres, This guy is gung ho and a seriously untapped resource, Who else has Naxja business cards made up and hands them out to every xj he sees! Plus he can help keep us in touch with our redheaded stepchildren in the Fresno/Madera area. :)

but this year at times I have received very little help from chapter members and that is discouraging.
(from Jes)

I keep hearing that but I have not been assigned anything yet. :cool:

Jes for prez.

Rob for VP

Lazy Gary for Treasurer.

CRASH

Lupine for Pres!

:wantyou:

Ohya, I can't vote here. :(

hinkley

Crash let her spend the money to become a REAL member. :D

For Gawd's sake...

JES for PREZ!!!

Rob for VP

Lazy G for Trez

Me for Official Wine Taster.

Gary E said:

I keep hearing that but I have not been assigned anything yet. :cool:

Gary, it's not my job or anyone else's to assign people to jobs or tell them what to do. This organization depends on volunteers to get things done.
Richard is still looking for someone to be the event chairman for next year's big Rubicon event. ;)

Jes

Jes, I wholeheartedly endorse your nomination (as I do all the others) ... and I was a bit surprised too when you said that you were disappointed that you didn't get much help over the last year ... I'm relatively new here, but I never had a clue that the chapter needed help that it didn't get... I remember seeing one call for volunteers for trail maintenance and also saw plenty of good responses, and one call for cooks and bottle-washers at Moab, and again the bill was filled well, from what I could gather.

I'm not here to take issue with your statement, I just wanted to know where I went wrong. I've obviously missed a clue here and there... I guess ya gotta bean me with a BFH to get my attention ... lemme know when we need help, I'll do my level best to be there.

CRASH said,

"Quit yer bitchin. I'll be the Event Coordinator for the next NAXJA Rubicon Run."

Jesse, if I can do anything to assist, please let me know. I am now in touch with a textile silkscreener who wants business.

LOL
Lup

Gary, it's not my job or anyone else's to assign people to jobs or tell them what to do. This organization depends on volunteers to get things done.

Of course I am not part of the leadership for the organization but I don't necesarily agree.

I think the presidency should pick a few runs that Sierra chapter wants to do, rubi, barret, fordyce, hollister etc. then ask or assign certain people to be the event chairman or chairwoman :), it can be a volunteer basis but it should be set up on a thread or something so its known that help is wanted.

You can't expect an organization to reach its full potential if you wait for a random club member to think of what to do and then volunteer to do it. First the leadership needs to have a vision or idea and then assign or delegate responsibilities. I don't think the leaders should do everything, just give direction, and check to make sure things are on course.

For instance I don't think Richard should be looking for someone to be the event chairman for the rubicon run. He is not a part of our chapter, as much as we would like to have him. Richard has great leadership skills and is trying to nudge our chapter along. The Sierra chapter presidency should decide that we want to do an official con run and if they don't have potential chairman in mind that they want to ask, they should open it up to the forum for someone to volunteer.

If that was the VP (aren't you the current VP Jes?) asking me to be the event chairman for the con run hit me backchanel.

Back