• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 Cyl XJ's

Fulloutpwr

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
(Yes i searched) Im thinking of moving to an Xj.. I found a great deal on a 93 5 speed BUT its a 4 cyl... I know right off the bat its getting a 6.5 LA system and some 32s... Im kinda nervous about the 4 cyl. Sure, gears can account for the loss but im wondering what everyones opinions are? (before someone mentions axles, i already have dynatrac f & r axles from a previous project) Thanks! Btw, great forum, didnt find this before..!

its simple a few mods such as a cam and header and gear the snoot out of it. if your staying with 32s witch most don't 4.88 wouls work but any thing bigger 5.13or 5.38.

Try to get in touch with Kudzu. She has a 4 cyl. and is running 34's. Don't remember what gearing though. JIM

Yep have a 4cy 4sp running 34 Swammpers and 4:88 I have a D44 in the rear and the D30 in the front...I just put the new gears in last year but they were a great improvement as far as power on the road and much much needed improvment on the trail...don't have to use the clutch near as much...

awesome man thanks.. im HOPING to stay somewhere around 32 or 33 just for fender stuffing reason and minimal cutting of the fenders. Thanks for the info, i was nervous on doing a 4cyl especially with hill climbing or anything like that.

Fulloutpwr said:
awesome man thanks.. im HOPING to stay somewhere around 32 or 33 just for fender stuffing reason and minimal cutting of the fenders. Thanks for the info, i was nervous on doing a 4cyl especially with hill climbing or anything like that.

:soapbox: WHERE ARE THE "HILLS" IN S.D.???? :confused:

I've got one too.......

An 84 with the 94 engine, tranny, and tcase. Let me tell you that 94 engine is hands down better than the 84. I run 4.10's right now with 33's. It needs deeper gears but in low its fine. I am thinking about a D44 rear but have not decided yet, B/c I can get a 9" fairly cheap. 1/4 what the D44 will cost. Oh yea, I have 5.5" of llift front and 6.5" or so in the rear and have no problems with stuffing the tires so far. If you get it and need anything don't hesitate to ask here. Oh yea don't think the 4 popper want break the D35 trust me it will :)!

Okay run down on my set up...6.5" Long arm kit from Rustys and I run skinny tires on 7" wheels I have not sut my fenders at all only too out the inner lining and a few adjustments with a hammer..

Back