• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my brakes suck please need guidance

rowicki

NAXJA Forum User
ok so heres the deal i have to mash my brake pedal into the ground to actually stop. and no matter how much i pump the brakes i cant retain pressure. so people tell me this is normal for some jeeps. how i dont know. my thought is master cylinder but please give me your thoughts.

first off, are there any other symptoms? like squeeling, grinding or other noises? is it always hapning or is it intermitent? only when cold or hot?

how long has it been since you checked your breaks? you may want to look at your pads and make sure they are still in good order.

the first thing i would do however is bleed your breaks. if you dont know how, use the search funtion and there will be a ton of info.

hth
stewie

rowicki said:
ok so heres the deal i have to mash my brake pedal into the ground to actually stop. and no matter how much i pump the brakes i cant retain pressure. so people tell me this is normal for some jeeps. how i dont know. my thought is master cylinder but please give me your thoughts.
+1 i have the exact same problem and i'm trying to find how to fix it. i think my e bake is dragging- i havn't drivin mine for a long time so i wouldn't be surprised.

Back