• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj problems

mcguyver_xj

NAXJA Forum User
I am working on a 99 wj 4.7 with the 247tcase which had blown up....my buddy bought a used one and i installed just test drove it and no matter what speed as soon as you let off the gas it starts making a loud rapid clicking noise that slows as the vehicle slows in neutral or drive as soon as you put on gas it goes away....correct 247 fluid was used....sometimes does it minorly on accel around 10-12mph....help?

took front driveshaft out now it makes the noise no matter what while driving accelerating and slowing down

surely put it back.

No 2wd in those cases.
if there's no shaft you're hosing the viscous coupler even more so.

either commit to rebuild, or start planning your 242 swap.

no other way out.

Ya it a gerotor with no 2wd, we've driven the wife's a couple miles in low range after the rear shaft spit a ujoint. 231 is going in to fix the lack of 2wd and lack of 4 hi problems. Gerotors don't work well for rock duty. In the varilock axles, may as well be open difs offroad.

Back