• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 questions 88 XJ with 4.0 and AW4

Gunter

NAXJA Forum User
1. was in Renix engine harness hell. got another harness , did repairs on it. all fixed but no engine kickdown. with in 6 car lengths i am in 4th gear and everything else work. it upshifts fine and downshifts fine but no kickdown. it did before and lots of power. solenoid issue or my farkin harness?

2. anyone have Nick's REM? i got one and love it.

3. anyone interested in his Nifty Shifter module? i like manual shift mode and converter lock up for 4low. i ll be getting one for sure:patriot:

Have you checked the adjustment on the kick down (TV) cable?

TV-cable.gif

Push the button down. the adjuster nipple will retract. release the button/tab. open the throttle at the TB all the way to the stop, the adjuster nipple will automatically click/ratchet out to the proper position.

I have Nick's REM. i helped him with testing on it.

the kickdown is driven from readings from the tps. make sure its reading correctly. you may have to set it with a multi meter.

the kickdown is driven from readings from the tps. make sure its reading correctly. you may have to set it with a multi meter.

Also on an 88, the TPS will have two outputs. The flat connector is for the engine computer, and the square one is for the trans computer. The voltages are backwards on the trans computer connection, running 5->0 volts versus the engine computer getting a signal that goes 0->5 volts (actually more like .25 to 4.75)

Back