• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out or whole XJ

Bentstick

NAXJA Forum User
I'm throwing in the towel on this one: '96 XJ Sport 4.0, one owner who is tired of wrenching on it. No accidents and only left me stranded once in the 226k miles I have driven it. I've had my Jeep for so long this feels like I'm going through a divorce!

If there are any NAXJA members out there looking for a new project, and willing to come to southern Oregon to pick it up I'll make a good deal on it.

CEL codes p0201, p0202, p0205, p0301, p0302, p0304 (you get the idea, problems shorted wiring in the harness, faulty PCM...)

Two things,

First, we have a for sale forum and you should advertise this in there only.

Next, I read your other post. Did you open the harness to look at the injector wiring? On my Renix, all injector grounds came into a single splice mid harness. I was getting erratic firings on my #3 (sorry, no codes on renix). Turns out splice needed redoing.

This type of thing happened to me before with a D21 pickup. Splice connector to injector failed causing one injector to work intermittently.

Either way, best of luck

Back