• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Tank Fab Question

XJ_4LOW

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All -

I'm fabricating an aluminum fuel tank for my '96 after fabricating a 4-linked ford 8.8. The only aluminum fuel pump ring I can find is from GenRight (https://genright.com/products/fuel-pump-ring-1997-2004-tj-xj.html) and requires a swap to the '97+ fuel pump.

Has anyone swapped a 97+ pump assy into a 96? I think the '96 pump assy includes the pressure regulator, and I'd have to put on an external regulator from a 97+ as part of the swap.

I'm not sure how to make this work, and am hoping someone has swapped the GenRight 35 gallon tank into a '96 or earlier XJ and can share some tips on making things work (Fuel pump assy, fuel level gauge, correct pressure, etc).

Thanks!

It's the other way around, the newer pump has the pressure regulator built into the pump and does not utilize a return line. It does operate at a higher pressure though, that "could" be a issue with your injectors.

e2000 fuel pump FTW.

Back