• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

I say keep the V8 and swap the axles. You won't get the money you want if you sold it, but at least you'd have a great foundation for the future.

If you have the time, you could part out the white one to get some funds for the move.

I say keep the V8 and swap the axles. You won't get the money you want if you sold it, but at least you'd have a great foundation for the future.

If you have the time, you could part out the white one to get some funds for the move.

I'll make the white one running with stock axles and sell it as a whole. Or I could just keep both jeeps as they were and sell the white one with the upgraded axles and 37s

Personally I'd go with swapping over as much "built" items to one XJ and sell off the other. Even if it's not complete you can at least have a starting point when you are ready. It will hurt the pocket the least and when you get er done will be SICK!

I only posted it on a pretty active private group. Here's the post:

FS: $10,000 I just got this Jeep about 6 months ago and had some big plans for it. Unfortunately plans change and I'd like to sell it. I'll try to list as many specs as I remember. Let me know if you have any questions. It is currently torn apart and would take me a couple of weeks to get it in running condition. This Jeep is a former JP magazine build. Let me know if you're interested

99XJ with 200k.

Suspension:
37x12.5x17 Goodyear MTR Kevlar tires on black steel rims 70% tread and spare
(Tires do not rub at all!! A lot of sheet metal work has been done on all fenders to maximize flex but without rubbing tires)
Poly Performance long travel complete 3 link front suspension
Deaver 5.5" progressive front springs
12" Bilstein remote resi front shocks
Daystar adjustable stinger bumpstops
Deaver 5.5" Rear leaf springs
Poly performance rear leaf spring relocation spring mount
HD offroad shackle relocation mount
Boomerang long travel shackle
10" Bilstein piggyback rear shocks
Currie correctlync steering
C-Rok steering box brace and inner frame brace
Poly Performance engine brace
Poly Performance Track bar and mount
PSC motorsports extreme duty tapped steering box
PSC High Volume CBR steering pump
PSC 1.75" ram hydro assist
Currie Antirock front sway bar

Drivetrain:
Currie F9 high pinion front axle with Detroit trutrac
-Chromo inner/outer shafts
-Warn hubs
Reid racing knuckles
4.88 gears
Currie HD 9" rear axle, Currie 9+ third member with pinion guard and ARB air locker
NP231 with Teraflex 4:1 transfer case gears (best rock crawling mod)
Jeep AW4 transmission
Tom woods front and rear drive shaft
Currie SYE
Black Magic brake pad and rotors

Misc:
T&J Performance 8 point Internal Roll Cage(very clean, still can fit 4 adults/2 adults & 3 kids)
Custom 2x6 rockers welded into body
JCR Gas tank skid
Transfer case crossmember tube skid plate
Custom tube front and rear bumpers
Hooligan Offroad front tube fenders
Black bedliner painted body

RBqJOLo.jpg

eDUt4CA.jpg

lbYfsen.jpg

o40iRJL.jpg

As im in the mist of doing my swap, I am running over all the threads and I see you guys are using the 22x19 radiator, this is 22 tall by 19 wide? if so where are you finding it?

that particular one is a griffin if im not mistaken, can be found on jegs/summit/amazon maybe

personally i think i might switch to the novak rad, for a factory like fit, havent decided yet

that particular one is a griffin if im not mistaken, can be found on jegs/summit/amazon maybe

personally i think i might switch to the novak rad, for a factory like fit, havent decided yet

Yep! I really didn’t like fitting this radiator. I actually have a Novak radiator sitting in the garage.

Go Novak.

Getting a little cramped in here!
5zl8Wwg.jpg

D30 under the White Jeep
bSE28uO.jpg

F9 about to go under LSXJ
xwiZ5ty.jpg

UGHH. Bolt is stuck in the PSC steering gear. I have to helicoil all 3 bolt holes. I need to get the bolt out first.

Back