• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

added some lights today

diabloxj

NAXJA Forum User
it was not no walk in the park. took about 2 hours. came out good i'll try to get nite shots later.
lights3.jpg

lights2.jpg

lights.jpg

right now but i'm going to be adding a switch so i can turn them no when i want. but right now yes just back up.

Thought about that, but the tire carrier and 35" spare would wipe out half the lamps. Hope you don;t plan to add a tire carrier in the back. But that's a nice clean look. Good job.

i don't know about your state but in some you can get ticketed for rear facing driving lamps.possiblity of blinding somebody behind you.

the ones you installed don't look like any kinda projector lamp so i would say your good,but something to think about.

NICE WORK. They just got added to my to-do list. Where did you get the lights? Online?

nice job,they're trailer truck back up lights,you could also use the rubber mount type,if the fiberglass would handle it,think it would.go to truck stop,get lights(sealed beam),mounts,pigtail(wires/connector).parts store may be cheaper.cut hole,wire up,pop in,go play.

Looks good!

Did you run new wiring for the new lights, or reuse wires from something else in the liftgate? If you ran new wiring, how did you?

nhrocker said:
Looks good!

Did you run new wiring for the new lights, or reuse wires from something else in the liftgate? If you ran new wiring, how did you?

first thing we did was pull the drivers side tail light to find the wires running to the back up light. i think mine was the brown one with the grean strip. tapped into that. ran a power wire up the back piller and down the tail gate. thats all, really easy

I tapped into the wiring harness as it goes into the hatch. I have nothing in my hatch, but there was still a wiring harness for locks and wiper and what not. I also have lights up on the back of the roof rack. I have a on-off-on switch that when in position on-1 all four lights come on when I'm in reverse.(upper and lower lights) when the switch is in off it's just the lower D.O.T. lights when in reverse. With the switch in position on-2 it's all four lights (whether I'm in reverse or not.)
reversedone.JPG
Daryl

Last edited:
looks like a tj from the back with those lights on. still cool all the same nice wrk. by the way di you sink them into the rear speaker wells?

-Matt

mean94xj said:
looks like a tj from the back with those lights on. still cool all the same nice wrk. by the way di you sink them into the rear speaker wells?

-Matt
no its really close but the lights are just below the speakers. and i have big 6x9s in there too. with the lights and speakers added a little more wight to the gate but not bad

Back