• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks - Rancho RS5000 for 3" Lift?

f15c

NAXJA Forum User
Are Rancho RS5000 shocks (RS5128 for the front, 5129 for the back) acceptable shocks for a 2.5-3" lift 1990 XJ Laredo 4WD 6cyl?

Mostly a daily hard surface/short distance driver. Most off roading limited to dirt/gravel trails to lakes - carrying a kayak - so I won't exactly be jumping anything or wheeling too rough on them...

Is $38 each a decent price, or should I keep shopping around?

Any opinions or comments are welcomed, I am interested to hear.

Thanks for your time.

Chris

I run RS5000s in back and I find the ride to be really stiff. I might suggest looking elsewhere - I only bought mine because I needed shocks ASAP and I could get those in a few days. $38 bucks is fine, I think I paid 90 for 2 with tax and shipping.

Shocks are something you have to live with every bump down the road. Trying to save a couple of bucks here will have you kicking yourself (read that the rig kicking you) for a long time to come.
RS5000's are probably good on a 1 ton truck, but are way too stiff on a XJ.
I vote for OME. What you'll save on the dentist re-doing your fillings coming loose from the RS5000's will buy you these shocks plus a top of the line lift.

Back